Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can recommend Rudi's Autohaus Stuttgart in San Diego, it was a pretty good shop and they caught a misfire that many people missed.

I think they moved downtown and merged with someone else, but they should still be a good shop.

·
Registered
2005 Merceds Benz C230 Sedan
20 Posts
I highly recommend ProMasters in Miramar! The owner's name is Max and he is very Honest and won't give you the runaround. He specializes in Benz's and other Euro brands. Look up his reviews on yelp San Diego. You won't be let down. Did I mention much reasonable prices.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2001-S430 & 2006 - E350
12 Posts
TDang,
I have used August Europrean Auto Repair, Mercedes-Benz Repair, Bmw Repair, August European, San Diego California on many occassions to work on my S-Class. Brian (Owner) has always treated me well. They do not recommend repairs primarily because the books say do it. They will inspect the recommended maintenance item and give you an honest assessment if the work is needed. They are located in Mira Mesa 2 blocks from I-15.

The second place I recommend is:
Ultimate-Autoworks The
5161 Santa Fe St
San Diego, CA 92109
(858) 274-2886‎
(858) 274-2887‎

Both Shops are not extremely large and their service has been excellent.

Regards,
Vincent

·
Registered
'07 E350 Sport Flint Grey P1
117 Posts
Shop question

I posted this in the E class forum, but then saw this forum:

I am new to MB and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on shops in San Diego, CA.
Does anyone know of Mercedes-Benz Service Of La Jolla Heinz Gietz Autohaus
which is right around the corner from our house? And can a non-MB new car dealer do warranty under work?
What about MB of San Diego in Kearney Mesa?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I posted this in the E class forum, but then saw this forum:

I am new to MB and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on shops in San Diego, CA.
Does anyone know of Mercedes-Benz Service Of La Jolla Heinz Gietz Autohaus
which is right around the corner from our house? And can a non-MB new car dealer do warranty under work?
What about MB of San Diego in Kearney Mesa?

Thank you!
Warranty work must be done by an MB authorized dealer. MB of San Diego is the closest to you and is where I go to get warranty work done. For non-warranty work there's really no reason to go to MB of SD; take to an indy.

·
Registered
04 E320 (W211) & 06 S430 (W220)
19 Posts
I recommend Exclusive Motors without reservation. It's just off Miramar Road, across from Frost. I bought my first MBz from Michel 15 years ago. His partner, Pat, was the mechanic. Pat passed away recently and left a very loyal following. Michel is continuing the service with a new mechanic, Miguel. If Pat or Michel stopped fixing Mercedes, as much as I love my S320, I'd get a Toyota. That's how much I trust them. There is too much to know about these cars, and too much that needs to be known, to leave a broken MBz with just anybody, and I don't want to pay for the palace that MBz of San Diego built.

·
Registered
2004 E320 & E55 AMG
1,239 Posts
I can highly recommend Hoehn Mercedes-Benz. My SA is Jeff Smith. I got many "impossible" things fixed for ZERO or discounted prices. I'm asking for 25% discounts and got them every time. He is a good guy, tries to help wherever he can. I have the hardest time with my extended warranty company and he got most of the stuff through for me.

They don't treat you like Penski's MB of San Diego. Like a number and nothing but a number. There you can feel it is a family operated business. Honest and fair.

When you call, tell the girl on the phone you want to become Jeff Smith's client and Tobias send you! He will give you a good deal as well.

For like B services I can recommend Southbay Autohaus in Chula Vista. 90$/h and everything was done in 1h. With parts I pay about 150 bucks and out of the door treated very well.

·
Registered
'07 E350 Sport Flint Grey P1
117 Posts
I don't know about cost comparisons, but I do know that bringing my 07 E350 into Hans Gietz in La Jolla was the most pleasant experience I've ever had getting a service done. The staff were attentive, took care of everything I asked for, leaving me feeling really good about the health of my car. Great place, family owned for years all the 40 years they have been in business.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can vouch for Soutbay in Chula Vista. First time there and service was great. They really care about you and your car. They recommend Heinz Gietz for warranty work.

·
Registered
2001 C320 Sport Dark Blue
3 Posts
MB San Diego

I am new to the Mercedes experience and have appreciated the service I receive at Mercedes Benz of San Diego. I like that they are open on Saturdays. I want to give them kudos for some service they provided me this week. I experienced a drain on the battery which caused it to continously go dead. I took it in for diagnosis and, yes, it is the dreaded seat module drain problem. Hella expensive to replace that bugger...I resigned to just disconnect it; however, I alerted them to the fact that it is a well known common problem in my MY (01 C320) and didn't expect ANYTHING to come of it....low and behold they offered to replace it for half price.
Now don't run over there and expect the same thing...there was no acknowledgment of defect or wrongdoing....they call it a "one time only customer service" but the act made me feel like a valued customer. I don't feel like that very often out there in todays business establishments.
Aside from that, I like the fact that they are very organized at what they do; you drive in and are greeted within 30 seconds. You are directed to a lounge with complimentary water, Starb*cks coffee and sweetrolls; Wifi access, comfortable chairs and flatscreen TVs. Service writers have their own comfortable offices; Ross, my SW is a very good communicator and tends to answer questions before I ask them (I like that). Loaner / rentals are very reasonble and they get you in and out fast. And then there's that complimentary car wash.
I recommend them on their orginazation, timeliness, customer service and courtesy.
Thanks MBSD:cool:

·
Registered
2004 E320 & E55 AMG
1,239 Posts
I am new to the Mercedes experience and have appreciated the service I receive at Mercedes Benz of San Diego. I like that they are open on Saturdays. I want to give them kudos for some service they provided me this week. I experienced a drain on the battery which caused it to continously go dead. I took it in for diagnosis and, yes, it is the dreaded seat module drain problem. Hella expensive to replace that bugger...I resigned to just disconnect it; however, I alerted them to the fact that it is a well known common problem in my MY (01 C320) and didn't expect ANYTHING to come of it....low and behold they offered to replace it for half price.
Now don't run over there and expect the same thing...there was no acknowledgment of defect or wrongdoing....they call it a "one time only customer service" but the act made me feel like a valued customer. I don't feel like that very often out there in todays business establishments.
Aside from that, I like the fact that they are very organized at what they do; you drive in and are greeted within 30 seconds. You are directed to a lounge with complimentary water, Starb*cks coffee and sweetrolls; Wifi access, comfortable chairs and flatscreen TVs. Service writers have their own comfortable offices; Ross, my SW is a very good communicator and tends to answer questions before I ask them (I like that). Loaner / rentals are very reasonble and they get you in and out fast.
I recommend them on their orginazation, timeliness, customer service and courtesy.
Then I will see your face when you go to Hoehn Motors in Carlsbad. Everything you just mentioned is there as well plus you pay less labor, it is privately owned and not a Penske company. Many things you ask them for they do it for free even if they would need to charge you. I even go there with problems and they look after that immediately. I don't even have to wait for an appointment or make one up unless it is a scheduled service that takes its sweet time. They try hard to fight for you when it comes to your extended warranty company not willing to pay here not willing to pay there.

Everything I wanted to be done they did for me. Again many things I just stopped by asked for my SA, we had a nice chat and by the time my cup of Starbucks was empty my car was returned without charge.

I call this real service!!! Oh and the shop foreman and the techs like my German candy and beer I bring them here and there nice as I am!!! :)

·
Registered
2001 C320 Sport Dark Blue
3 Posts
Then I will see your face when you go to Hoehn Motors in Carlsbad. Everything you just mentioned is there as well plus you pay less labor, it is privately owned and not a Penske company. Many things you ask them for they do it for free even if they would need to charge you. I even go there with problems and they look after that immediately. I don't even have to wait for an appointment or make one up unless it is a scheduled service that takes its sweet time. They try hard to fight for you when it comes to your extended warranty company not willing to pay here not willing to pay there.

Everything I wanted to be done they did for me. Again many things I just stopped by asked for my SA, we had a nice chat and by the time my cup of Starbucks was empty my car was returned without charge.

I call this real service!!! Oh and the shop foreman and the techs like my German candy and beer I bring them here and there nice as I am!!! :)
Ziggy Zaggy Ziggy Zaggy Oy Oy Oy!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Aside from that, I like the fact that they are very organized at what they do; you drive in and are greeted within 30 seconds. You are directed to a lounge with complimentary water, Starb*cks coffee and sweetrolls; Wifi access, comfortable chairs and flatscreen TVs. Service writers have their own comfortable offices; Ross, my SW is a very good communicator and tends to answer questions before I ask them (I like that). Loaner / rentals are very reasonble and they get you in and out fast. And then there's that complimentary car wash.
I won't disagree with what you say based on my own experience as well. But I don't know how the $135/hour service charge is warranted when everywhere else in town is $45/hour cheaper.

·
Registered
2004 E320 & E55 AMG
1,239 Posts
I won't disagree with what you say based on my own experience as well. But I don't know how the $135/hour service charge is warranted when everywhere else in town is $45/hour cheaper.
One word: PENSKE!!!

·
Registered
350slk 2005
195 Posts
Hello, do you have the address and phone numbers of Southbay shop???

:)
I can vouch for Soutbay in Chula Vista. First time there and service was great. They really care about you and your car. They recommend Heinz Gietz for warranty work.
Do you have the phone and address of South bay shop? Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 E320 & E55 AMG
1,239 Posts
1 - 20 of 99 Posts