Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK230 KOMPRESSOR & 2003 C230 KOMPRESSOR
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the new C65 AMG? I saw one this morning, and it looked pretty sweet. Last time I was at the dealership, one of the dealers let me sit in it and play around for awhile. the price tag was $220,000.00. Crazy right? If you had the money, would you pay that much for it?

It has a V12 (BiTurbo) and I hear its in the range of 600HP and around 700 ft lbs of torque.:confused:

I

·
0 Posts
What do you guys think of the new C65 AMG? I saw one this morning, and it looked pretty sweet. Last time I was at the dealership, one of the dealers let me sit in it and play around for awhile. the price tag was $220,000.00. Crazy right? If you had the money, would you pay that much for it?

It has a V12 (BiTurbo) and I hear its in the range of 600HP and around 700 ft lbs of torque.:confused:
Do they make a C65? C63, but that starts at about a quarter the price.

?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They sure do. I have seen it in person on a couple of rare times, like I said before. you should check one out, they are pretty cool. (thats if you like where Mercedes is going with these new generations):thumbsup:

You should try to Google it. It's rumored to be one of the fastest street leagal cars in the US:confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still own it (paid for)...Ill bet my house has appreciated more than a $200,000 car ever will!

:p
I know right! Hahaha! But your statement is only true if you don't live in soutern california! I've seen homes out here that 4 years ago sold for 600k, and now listed at 400k! some less then that!:eek: I'd rather put that money in a cool car, and live out of it if I had to! j/k!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For that amount of money? (220.000.00) not sure. I defin check out Ferr and lambo for that price.
I agree. But in the end, I am a Mercedes man. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the window sticker price. it even had a $8,000.00 California Gas guzzler tax.:confused: But I'm sure if you have that kind of money, you don't care.

I'm perfectly happy with my SLK. I will cherish it forever.:)

I

·
0 Posts
They sure do. I have seen it in person on a couple of rare times, like I said before. you should check one out, they are pretty cool. (thats if you like where Mercedes is going with these new generations):thumbsup:

You should try to Google it. It's rumored to be one of the fastest street leagal cars in the US:confused:
Sorry...they don't make a C65. Your seeing things.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 auto, 2006 CLS320 CDi.
420 Posts
They make a CL65 AMG...is that what you mean Doc? AMG arent listing a C65 on their website or brochure http://www.mercedes-amg.com/assets/pdf/en/cars.pdf

I saw a black SL63 AMG on the road this week for the first time, I wasn't a fan of the styling in the photos but it looks great in the flesh I think, had real presence on the road too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry...they don't make a C65. Your seeing things.
Actually...they do. I have seen it in person, and it's on the internet. It is a C65, and an AMG. It is the step up from the C63. And I know you guys have heard of the C63. Go to you local dealer and see for yourself. it's a 2009 model. I also read about in a few magazines before it was available to the public to test drive.

I

·
0 Posts
Actually...they do. I have seen it in person, and it's on the internet. It is a C65, and an AMG. It is the step up from the C63. And I know you guys have heard of the C63. Go to you local dealer and see for yourself. it's a 2009 model. I also read about in a few magazines before it was available to the public to test drive.
I've googled it to death, visited MB, AMG and called my rep. They don't make a C65. Post a link if you think I'm wrong.

You gotta be thinking CL65 which is a totally different product.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 auto, 2006 CLS320 CDi.
420 Posts
any chance you can post that internet link Doc? Not that I could afford to buy one :( but it's nice to see the new stuff mercedes are churning out.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Maybe he's talking about a Brabus Bullit? V12 in the C class?

Which dealer did you see this car at?

I'm guessing it's BS though, dealer probably upbadged a c63 knowing they have a sucker on their hands.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've googled it to death, visited MB, AMG and called my rep. They don't make a C65. Post a link if you think I'm wrong.

You gotta be thinking CL65 which is a totally different product.
Better yet...I will get pictures of it to show you while it is sitting at a Mercedes dealership. And I sat behind one in traffic this morning. it clearly said "C65 AMG" BiTurbo V12. You have to remember, I am in Southern Cali. Cars like this are more common to see, and hear about then where you're from.;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe he's talking about a Brabus Bullit? V12 in the C class?

Which dealer did you see this car at?

I'm guessing it's BS though, dealer probably upbadged a c63 knowing they have a sucker on their hands.

You're from Socal too? It is sitting at Hoen Mercedes in Carlsbad. check it out, then I will have someone on my side! And it clearly has more options then a C63 (interior wise). and first off, a V12 engine in the C65. How could they "up badge" a C63 and replace the whole engine as well???:confused:

I

·
0 Posts
You're from Socal too? It is sitting at Hoen Mercedes in Carlsbad. check it out, then I will have someone on my side! And it clearly has more options then a C63 (interior wise). and first off, a V12 engine in the C65. How could they "up badge" a C63 and replace the whole engine as well???:confused:

...but you got no link and I went to the AMG private lounge and got nothing.

Pretty fishy.

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230, 2016 Tesla Model S P90D, 1984 Alfa Spider Veloce, 2008 E320 Bluetec (former)
175 Posts
When was the last time you saw any (other) MB with Bi-turbo on it. At that price, certainly could be a Brabus though. However, the engine compartment of a C-class is far too small for that engine - it would have to be lengthened in the front. I doubt even AMG is crazy enough to do that.

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts

Well.... on an SLK R170 forum I would say its crap :p:p
On C63 forum.. oooh mate... best ever :D
I drove one 4 weeks ago... went like shIt off a shovel.. made my day ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.