Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 c230, 07 lexus LS460L, black c63 amg
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been wondering for a while, i know almost for sure my c63 can own the new m3 on a straight line, but ive wondering, is it capable of competing against an m5 or m6? lets say rolling from 50 or standing still up to 100 mph. What do you guys think? On my opinion i think it can take both any day any time.

Too bad all my friends drive benz and cant test this out for myself, not yet at least:p...

Anyways, i would like to read your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 E55-1970 280SEC
2,026 Posts
I'd say it was close. But remember in the C63 you just stomp and go, on the SMG equipped M5/6, they have to perform a button ballet to get the most power from their cars. So at an impromptu street light "race", you'd probably win.

·
Registered
19 Posts
when the renntech computers come out for the c63 and undo the factory de-tune on the c63's 6.2 it will be around the e63's renntech 555hp, 510 trq with the headers:surrender:

·
Registered
Ordered a C63!
10 Posts
when the renntech computers come out for the c63 and undo the factory de-tune on the c63's 6.2 it will be around the e63's renntech 555hp, 510 trq with the headers:surrender:
Yeah but what is that going to do to the factory warranty? benz pretty lineate on aftermarket? (Im new to mercedes i dont know :D )

·
Registered
13 Posts
An M5/M6 with the Kellener package comes with the ECU flash, camshafts, cat delete & intake filter removal and with Evosport headers and it will be putting around 555-562hp.

Now, the M5 weights 4012lbs and the M6 3906lbs.

The C63 weights 3649lbs with the 530hp (or more) tune puts better power to weight ratio than the above mentioned M5/M6s with bolt ons and tune.

·
Registered
ML63, 997TT
130 Posts
I drove my friend's C63 recently and it felt a little faster than my M5 to 60 but there is no way it can pull on it after that.
The m5 just keeps hauling major a** all the way to the other side of the speedometer.

Both cars are fast but feel very different. I would recommend the C63 if you drive mostly in the city.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts