Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 C55 has had been a very trouble prone car. I bought it when it was 2 years old with 21K miles. I have had it 20 months and it is now at 44k. In that time all of the following have been replaced, srs wiriing harness, seat heater control panel, both seat heaters, purge valve, both side marker bulbs, side marker housing, battery, seat heater (second time), steering angle sensor, purge valve (second time), air mass meter, crankshaft position sensor, thrust bushings, end link bushings, xenon headlight bulb, headlight control unit. In addition to these parts, it has had two oil leaks causing burnt oil smell in the cabin, the starter bolts were loose causing the starter to rattle, and the tires wore out prematurely because the dealer installed the tires wrong. The total shop time for all of these repairs has been over 6 weeks. While I love the look and feel of the car, it has become so frustrating, I really detest owning it any longer. I keep hoping the trouble will end, but it never seems to. I have only had it out of the shop for 1 week in the last 6 weeks. I am fortunate that I bought an extended warranty and they cover the rental car replacement, but the hassle factor has become huge.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I cannot decide what to do. I do not want to push this lemon off on anyone else and I can’t stand owning it any longer. Any thoughts on what you would do in this situation?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey buddy, get rid of that p.o.s. I went through the exact same thing with my c230 sport and what finally did it for me was after having the $1,000 windshield motor replaced, 3 days later it went on me again in the middle of a rain storm. This on top of $7,000 in other repairs I did within that year (most under warranty but was still out like $3,000 between deductibles and random owner costs). I put it on cars.com and sold it 2 weeks later. I felt bad passing the luck on, but hoped it would be ok after all the work I had done. Their comment upon pick-up, "well you sure weren't shy about putting money into her." Bad thing is the C55's are selling for probably no where close to what you bought yours for. Can you afford to take a loss and get into something more reliable? G37 sport maybe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
C55's are quirky. But you have to remember, even though you paid a lot of money for it, it's still required to have additional investments to keep them in tip top shape.(I am an MB technican) If you have any questions about the vehicle, feel to free to ask. I am in the So Cal area, if that's where anyone is I'd be happy to come help before you spend several dollars again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
similar issues

mine in an 05 with 75K km's on it i.e. 50k mi and the oil smell in the cabin was insane.
They changed the pcv that didnt work, then the valve cover gasket -still no luck and finally the bearing seal. The smell is mostly gone by the oil is still going down about 7-8 litres \qrts between changes. Benz says for that engine .8l\1000 km is spec!!! you would think i'm driving a kenworth....
MAF went already as did the voltage regulator (which stranded me on the side of the road...)
Now they have me doing oil consumption and i'm at .5l\1000 whcih means i'll need another 7.5 litres before my shcedule b at 15000kms...or 10k mi. 7 qrts \10k??? you gotta be kidding me right?????

·
Registered
1 Posts
C55's are quirky. But you have to remember, even though you paid a lot of money for it, it's still required to have additional investments to keep them in tip top shape.(I am an MB technican) If you have any questions about the vehicle, feel to free to ask. I am in the So Cal area, if that's where anyone is I'd be happy to come help before you spend several dollars again.
If you're still an MB technician, I would interested to make contact. I am considering to buy a 2006 C55.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts