Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C55
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I meant to make this post a long time ago, but due to laziness and being slightly overwhelmed in getting the car ready, it had to wait till now.

We will be running my C55 in this years One Lap of America hosted by Tirerack and CarandDriver Magazine.

I would like to thank Satish and all guys at MotorWerks for all their support. Also would like to thank Vin Devers Mercedes for their help in getting this project off the ground.

I've been talking to a lot of people on the board, getting advice etc, so I would like to extend my thanks to everyone who's helped us along the way.

We will be keeping a running log of the event in this thread:link (event starts April 29th) So it should be interesting.

These are some pics to get you started. There will be some pics of the actual build up shortly.

The ride:
2005 C55- Bilstien Prototype PSS9 coilover suspension, Stoptech SS brake lines, deleted both primary resonators, Porterfield R4S Pads, Custom brake ducting, 'Branded' Michilien Pilot sport PS2 tires.

More to come soon....

Fais

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
I dont know if you are aware but if you wanted a racing car then you could have ordered the C55 with straight through exhaust, height adjustable suspension and a roll cage directly from AMG. Complete with racing seats and harness using an AMG racing ECU (better than any ECU chip you can buy).

Speaking of which ... why didnt Renntech sponsor something ?

·
Registered
2005 C55
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
miroj - 4/22/2005 7:21 PM

I dont know if you are aware but if you wanted a racing car then you could have ordered the C55 with straight through exhaust, height adjustable suspension and a roll cage directly from AMG. Complete with racing seats and harness using an AMG racing ECU (better than any ECU chip you can buy).

Speaking of which ... why didnt Renntech sponsor something ?
I didnt know you could a US car built or modified by AMG. In fact when I checked we couldnt even get the Nurbering Suspension for a US bound car... but thats neither here nor there...
Actually this car is a daily driver. So has to be civil and comfortable. Also this event is about 4000 miles. Having a very loud droning exhaust is exactly what we DIDNT want. Since I took delivery of it in June, I have put on 22,000 miles.

We have taken care of the exhaust and suspension, with a suspension that is not only hieght adjustable but also is 9 way adjustable on rebound/compression, giving us a lot of adjustability for diff. track conditions.

Once the event is over the graphics will be stripped off and the car will once again be a daily driver ;)

As for Renntech, we spoke to a few of the well known tuners, and have some projects in the works for future events...for THIS event we are going for reliability and consistancy over raw horsepower.

[:D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts