Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, After many searches and dissapointment on a C55 carbon fiber diffuser, I settled for the diffuser available from ebay! The diffuser comes from TAIWAN, and I was very skeptical at first but, just received it yesterday and the thing looks pretty good, does not look cheap. I haven't installed it yet, but I kinda placed it upagainst the bumper and looks like it will look good, I am hoping it will pretty well. Once I put the carbon fiber on, a friend of mine will work on some custom exhaust tips, I will post pictures once the CF diffuser is on. By the way the diffuser went for about $210 bucks shipped!
Let me know if someone has installed this and if it fitted well, is the two slated one from ebay.
Thanks,
-Edison

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys, After many searches and dissapointment on a C55 carbon fiber diffuser, I settled for the diffuser available from ebay! The diffuser comes from TAIWAN, and I was very skeptical at first but, just received it yesterday and the thing looks pretty good, does not look cheap. I haven't installed it yet, but I kinda placed it upagainst the bumper and looks like it will look good, I am hoping it will pretty well. Once I put the carbon fiber on, a friend of mine will work on some custom exhaust tips, I will post pictures once the CF diffuser is on. By the way the diffuser went for about $210 bucks shipped!
Let me know if someone has installed this and if it fitted well, is the two slated one from ebay.
Thanks,
-Edison

How did it go?

Pictures?

Link to eBay item?

I'm thinking of doing the same for my C55.

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the delay guys, just didn't get to install the diffuser until today.
Most of the installation work was done by my friend. We used 6 screws from inside out, and 2 screws at the edges from outside in, you can't really see them. The diffuser came without any materials, such as screwes marks, or maps, or holes in it, so everything that was done was improvized for best installation we could do. Here are the link to the pictures, i was unable to open a gallery page here so i opened a profile in cardomain to show ya. Let me know what you think, Over all i am happy with this, it's a pain to install, and I think we did a good job!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3897224/2006-mercedes-benz-c-class-c55-amg-sport-sedan-4d/page-3

Your input is appriciated! Thanks all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts