Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 C43 and when it's very cold outside and<br>I drive over sharp bumps I get a squeak from the windshield area. I've narrowed it down to the center part of the lower dash or up part by the rearview mirror. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, please advise this is driving me crazy!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: I have a 1999 C43 and when it's very cold outside and<br>I drive over sharp bumps I get a squeak from the windshield area. I've narrowed it down to the center part of the lower dash or up part by the rearview mirror. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, please advise this is driving me crazy!!<p>I have a '98 E320 as well as a C36, and had this problem on my E320. It seemed like it was coming from inside the dash or that the windshield was moving especially on roads where the car rocked from side to side when going over bumps. It neerly drove the deler and myself nuts until one day I tried sticking a piece of paper under the plastic cowling at the base of the windshield on the outside. Turned out that it was rubbing and sqeeking on the windshield. The permanent fix was to swap the piece between two cars. I'm not sure if the C36 has that cowling but have a look. Hope this helps, Jeff

·
Premium Member
1999 C43, 2002 ML55, 2005 C230 Kompressor, 1994 E320 Wagon, 1949 Ford Convertible (Dad orig ownr)
39 Posts
I've got the same problem with my C43. Clicking noise at right side of windshield, only when cold! What is the fix?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts