Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
C320
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Just taking in a 1999 C43 with 28k miles. I am looking for any upgrades. I want to customize the vehicle, and possibly squeeze out more horsepower (dont think im crazy) I want to add things that will make the vehicle look very unique without making it look ridiculous! Any ideas, links pictures will help!

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
You can have the dealer install Carbon Fiber trim, and take out the wood. It gives it a sp...

You can have the dealer install Carbon Fiber trim, and take out the wood. It gives it a sporty, unique effect. You won't be the only one though.... Hehe, I am the other. But it's rare, and spiffy.

Eisenmann version 2 exhuast will give you a little power, and give it a really nice sound (not to say it isn't nice as it is!!!)

Be sure to have a nice air filer (K/N are nice) and make sure they are always clean... nice benefit.

There is not a whole lot more you can do to an AMG, they are already mod'd out by AMG, so to take their upgrades off would be, in my mind, ridiculous.
Also, with 28k miles, it is probably still on warranty, be sure whatever you do won't void that.

·
Registered
1999 C43
6 Posts
Even with 28k miles, your MB warranty (5/50) probably ran out last year. Check the birthda...

Even with 28k miles, your MB warranty (5/50) probably ran out last year. Check the birthdate of your 43 through a dealer. You can squeeze a couple of pony's with K&N air filters. (A joy to install) Some nice 3 piece chrome wheels other than AMG's will show off your massive brakes and make heads turn your way. Stay away from spoilers, they're tacky.

·
Premium Member
2006 S350 SWB; 1991 300CE; MB diesel sprinter van; 1999 AMG-C43 (sold); 1978 450SLC (sold)
99 Posts
Wyatth,
I've been considering the CF replacement since I bought my 43. My 230 had it, an...

Wyatth,
I've been considering the CF replacement since I bought my 43. My 230 had it, and I always thought it looked better. Could you share your experience in sourcing the parts, installation, and costs?
Thanks,
WTS

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: You can have the dealer install Carbon Fiber trim, and take out the wood. It gives it a sp

You can have the dealer install Carbon Fiber trim, and take out the wood. It gives it a sporty, unique effect. You won't be the only one though.... Hehe, I am the other. But it's rare, and spiffy.
Wow, most of the C43s out here have had that done! Seems like C43s aren't even that rare out here either.

(sorry about the unfinished business with the interior bits, i've gotta take some new interior pics)

-s-

·
Registered
2001 KLEEMANN C24K
33 Posts
Re: You can have the dealer install Carbon Fiber trim, and take out the wood. It gives it a sp

Eisenmann version 2 exhuast will give you a little power, and give it a really nice sound (not to say it isn't nice as it is!!!)

Be sure to have a nice air filer (K/N are nice) and make sure they are always clean... nice benefit.

There is not a whole lot more you can do to an AMG, they are already mod'd out by AMG, so to take their upgrades off would be, in my mind, ridiculous.
Also, with 28k miles, it is probably still on warranty, be sure whatever you do won't void that.
I concur. There isnt much and it is dyno proven that when you change out the exhaust and stuff you will LOSE power. The only thing I can recommend is UD pulley kit and maybe changing the runners in the manifold and test pipes. Those things gained about 30hp to the wheels.

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes ML320
809 Posts
Scorchie! THats AWESOME!!! I want to get a C43 and I was just thinking in my head about...

Scorchie! THats AWESOME!!! I want to get a C43 and I was just thinking in my head about doing that and moving the HVAC controls! Post more pics!!!

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re:

Scorchie! THats AWESOME!!! I want to get a C43 and I was just thinking in my head about doing that and moving the HVAC controls! Post more pics!!!
Thanks for the compliments. This is still work in progress, so "completed" pictures are still some time away. When Steve (MBenzNL) returns next month, we'll be doing some more. In the meantime, I am still working on the custom birdseye maple pieces.

Another pic:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQDiAoEWXVyuDrYliT5uturHSKY6!R2GUua9LPwLh3vD4ko8ocwnLd13hfGWJ237RB34UAW9oQDKOKsJfuED*HkG1FmbqCe5!X4zvk6JxNczbuFrnUAYdQ/202com2-dean14.jpg.JPG

-s-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts