Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
A lot of performance cars!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a C43 with a bad transmission. Instead of wasting money rebuilding the Auto I decided to convert it to Standard. What I have found out is the M112 V6 has the same bellhousing pattern as the M113. So I should be able to use a 6-Speed trans from the SLK320 or Chrylser Crossfire. I will just have to research about the flywheel and clutch. Finding the pedals was no problem from Germany, I was able to order 2 sets from a friend so I can convert my C230 later. Has there been any other work done on this before?

·
Registered
99' C43 AMG "T Rex", Ultima Sports Can-Am (in build)
234 Posts
There has been an extensive discussion about this option on the Other Forum. Seems there will be big problems. I also see electronic ones with impossible dialogue between the ECU and the box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the ASR and the speedo will be a challenge. Could you pass me the link to that forum? Thanks

·
Registered
1998 C43
701 Posts
you can get the transmission brand new from parts.com for $4002 (pn - 2112606600). doesnt seem too bad.

·
Registered
99 C280
233 Posts
You could try contacting LantanaTX on crossfire forums. He has a v8 crossfire, and has some knowledge of the ECU issues you may face.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone here from Germany? I need a source for the Clutch & Brake Pedal Assembly & Clutch Master from a Euro W202

1 - 12 of 12 Posts