Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just pulled the trigger on a 1998 C43 after driving and M3 for several years. I need to know if there is anything to be done about the crappy throttle response, the cars been to the dealer everything checks out. I ordered K&N filters hoping that might help. Also does anyone know of a transmission software upgrade like the one Dinan offers for BMW that firm up the shifts. The C43 has a great motor but the combination poor throttle rersponse with a sloppy tranny make for a disappionting drive. I hope there is another solution other than buying RennTech cold air intake and software for $5400!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, <br> <br> The September Car & Driver has an article on a bunch of high zoot tuner cars, including a Renntech CLK60SC with 510 HP. The article mentions that 'Its snap-shifting five-speed automatic was the least slushy slushbox most of us have ever encountered...' You might check with Renntech to find out what mods they made to the transmission. Also, Stillen does a 510 HP CLK they call the SMK which has a pushbutton shifting system with buttons located on the back of the steering wheel. <br> <br> www.renntechmercedes.com<br> www.stillen.com <br> <br> Maybe one of these outfits can help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my wife and i own two c43s. you are absolutely right about the transmission. we purchased used and her 99 was not shifting properly. sent it in and had the transmision reprogrammed under warranty. it blew the doors off of my 98, i could not let this happen to me so i had the dealer reprogram my 98. it ran and shifted great. but the logic chip loses its programming and now again i have to take it in to get reprogrammed. <p>user-38ldkif.dialup.mindspring.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't have to get it reprogrammed, all you have to do is read your manual. It says to reset it by putting it in d and toggling the button from sport to winter and back. I do this every month. To get the most out of the reset do it somewhere where you can floor it through a few shifts, freeway onramps are good. The results are night and day.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a c43 and for some reason when i floor it in 4th or 3rd it has less response than when in drive other times it seems normal is this what has happened to you or is it just the driver adaptive tranny at work. thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have a c43 and sometimes when i floor it after driving smoothly for a while the engine hits redline pauses for a second then the tranny gives me a violent upshift similar to dropping it into drive at 3000(i dont do that in my car but that is what ti feels like) do i need a reprogramed computer or is this normal? thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have a c43 and sometimes when i floor it after driving smoothly for a while the engine hits redline pauses for a second then the tranny gives me a violent upshift similar to dropping it into drive at 3000(i dont do that in my car but that is what ti feels like) do i need a reprogramed computer or is this normal? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts