Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY '99 has a ticking noise when I first start the car and continues after the car has been warmed up. I haven't noticed this noise before, but I just want to see if anyone has any ideas. The car has less than 20k on the clock. The sound seems to be coming from the lower part of the engine. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
damn thats wierd, i noticed the same exact thing, just recently as well, i was going to bring it up. I have a 99 C43 too. It just went in for service and they said they didnt notice it or see anything wrong.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

I have to agree w/ dan. My 99 C43 does teh same thing at 36k miles. Dealer said it was normal. Almost sounds like a belt noise.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'It just went in for service and they said they didnt notice it or see anything wrong.'<br> Geeee, I've never heard the service people say that before...hehe <br> But seriously, Im about to take mine in for service so I will listen. <br> Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Engine ticking noise.

I had my C43 in for service for this ticking noise. The service techincian told me that the ticking noise was due to a separation in the primary exhaust pipe. I am nor sure that this is true as I still think that the ticking noise is there when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Engine ticking noise.

every new meaning 97&up had that ticking noise when could my brother said these piece of shits sound like diesel that includes a 99 c43 33k miles and 2002 e320 3k miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ticking Noise

guys, guys...just talked to a great mechanic at an mb dealership...whats making the noise is called an "MOT" valve...it is completely normal...and if you dont hear it, there is...yes, it can be irritating and shouldnt be heard esp. in an mb...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts