Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any of you guys experienced putting on a car bra on your c43. i travel a lot and do not want to damage the paints on my car. if you do could you tell me of a good brand? would it be easily removed?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've used a Colgan bra on my '98 E320 for a couple of winters for protection against stones and it seems to work well, is well made and not too hard to remove. It is a lot better than another brand I used on my '95.: just wondering if any of you guys experienced putting on a car bra on your c43. i travel a lot and do not want to damage the paints on my car. if you do could you tell me of a good brand? would it be easily removed?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. seems that Colgan bra is a major manufacturer for car bras. unfortunately they don't make any for the c43. does anybody know of any custom car bra manufacturer? been searching for days and still ain't got a clue.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is to be used!

: thanks for the info. seems that Colgan bra is a major manufacturer for car bras. unfortunately they don't make any for the c43. does anybody know of any custom car bra manufacturer? been searching for days and still ain't got a clue.<p><p>Why do you want to put a bra on your car? The car is ment to be used, not to be spared till eternity! A bra on a car does not improve the sight of the car and believe me: a mercedes can run a lot of miles before having the urgent need of a repainted front.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: The car is to be used!

i had an experience with my old black c280 in horrid ny snow. Well, after about a year (27000 miles) i could see paint chips on my hood especially the front portion. I was thinking of putting the bra only while i am traveling long distances so it could absorb the impact of rock or salt chips. Oh man, been cranking my brains out to find a good way to avoid those paint damages.<p>=) (being anal here)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts