Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 300TE
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is there really a big difference between these 2 cars? Apart from 2 cylinders? I have heard that the C36 handles better because of less engine hanging over the front axle. I really like the thought of the V8 in a small car like the C43 but I am interested in the C43. Any opinions would be appreciated

·
Registered
C36 C43
98 Posts
Hello,

Is there really a big difference between these 2 cars? Apart from 2 cylinders? I have heard that the C36 handles better because of less engine hanging over the front axle. I really like the thought of the V8 in a small car like the C43 but I am interested in the C43. Any opinions would be appreciated
The C36 and C43 are both great cars. The C36 with 268 (276 in 1997) HP and the C43 with 302. The C43 has a lighter engine because the block is alloy. The C36 has a blockier body kit and the C43 has a more curved kit. C36 has some kinks in it but in 1997 they made them with more horse power and 5 gear auto instead of 4. I personally like the C36 more because its very rare and the first production AMG car. But the C43 are more up to date. Also the C43 costs more and isnt that much more faster.

i hope that help you some [}:)][}:)]

·
Registered
89 300TE
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....
Either car is quite rare in Australia. I saw a C43 today with the "curvier" bo...

Thanks....
Either car is quite rare in Australia. I saw a C43 today with the "curvier" body kit and I must say that it has got me...

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts