Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,<p>I have not found a good website that goes into detail with the c36, especially with photos, specifications, reviews, information. It seems this is one of the rarer amg vehicles? As I am in the process of looking for one to buy, i'd like to do some research on tips/faqs/owners registries, etc...I am particularly interested in pictures of the interior as I have yet to find any. Also, does anyone know of a place that has excellent reviews of the c36?<p>Does anyone know of any good web resources that go above and beyond regarding this model?<p>As far as questions I immediately have, I was wondering the following:<p>* does the c36 (1997) have the sport steering wheel like the c43?<p>* is traction control and stability control available? if so,, standard or optional?<p>* what was the original warranty of the vehicle?<p>* any tips on what to look for when buying one? problem areas to check?<p>Thank you very much for all your help,<br>Christian

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: Hi all,<p>I have not found a good website that goes into detail with the c36, especially with photos, specifications, reviews, information. It seems this is one of the rarer amg vehicles? As I am in the process of looking for one to buy, i'd like to do some research on tips/faqs/owners registries, etc...I am particularly interested in pictures of the interior as I have yet to find any. Also, does anyone know of a place that has excellent reviews of the c36?<p>Does anyone know of any good web resources that go above and beyond regarding this model?<p>As far as questions I immediately have, I was wondering the following:<p>* does the c36 (1997) have the sport steering wheel like the c43?<p>* is traction control and stability control available? if so,, standard or optional?<p>* what was the original warranty of the vehicle?<p>* any tips on what to look for when buying one? problem areas to check?<p>Thank you very much for all your help,<br>Christian<p>hey here are some links to c36 sites <br>As to your q's yeah it's got the sport steering wheel.<br>The 97 had traction control as optional - you don't want it anyways as it deletes the limited slip diff. :(<br>NO stability bullsh*t<br>Original warranty I believe is 3 years standard. but there are extended and starmark etc...<br>look for one on www.autotrader.com <br>have fun -=spr=-

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: Hi all,<p>I have not found a good website that goes into detail with the c36, especially with photos, specifications, reviews, information. It seems this is one of the rarer amg vehicles? As I am in the process of looking for one to buy, i'd like to do some research on tips/faqs/owners registries, etc...I am particularly interested in pictures of the interior as I have yet to find any. Also, does anyone know of a place that has excellent reviews of the c36?<p>Does anyone know of any good web resources that go above and beyond regarding this model?<p>As far as questions I immediately have, I was wondering the following:<p>* does the c36 (1997) have the sport steering wheel like the c43?<p>* is traction control and stability control available? if so,, standard or optional?<p>* what was the original warranty of the vehicle?<p>* any tips on what to look for when buying one? problem areas to check?<p>Thank you very much for all your help,<br>Christian<p>Oh and by the way don't by a c36 unless it's a 97 cause it has more power and the 5 spd. Better all the way around I am told -=spr=-

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: Hi all,<p>I have not found a good website that goes into detail with the c36, especially with photos, specifications, reviews, information. It seems this is one of the rarer amg vehicles? As I am in the process of looking for one to buy, i'd like to do some research on tips/faqs/owners registries, etc...I am particularly interested in pictures of the interior as I have yet to find any. Also, does anyone know of a place that has excellent reviews of the c36?<p>Does anyone know of any good web resources that go above and beyond regarding this model?<p>As far as questions I immediately have, I was wondering the following:<p>* does the c36 (1997) have the sport steering wheel like the c43?<p>* is traction control and stability control available? if so,, standard or optional?<p>* what was the original warranty of the vehicle?<p>* any tips on what to look for when buying one? problem areas to check?<p>Thank you very much for all your help,<br>Christian<p>forgot the links here:<p>http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/index.html#M<br>http://www.2phast.com/porsche/c36html.html<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
getting closer!

Thank you -=spr=- , I appreciate the feedback. I did not realize 95's and 96's didn't have a 5sp...good to know. I will check out the links too. Well, I have two scheduled test drives this Friday. A silver and then a black C36, both 97 models. If all goes well I am hoping to come home with a birthday present for myself this weekend :) Will let you know...<p>-christian

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: getting closer!

: Thank you -=spr=- , I appreciate the feedback. I did not realize 95's and 96's didn't have a 5sp...good to know. I will check out the links too. Well, I have two scheduled test drives this Friday. A silver and then a black C36, both 97 models. If all goes well I am hoping to come home with a birthday present for myself this weekend :) Will let you know...<p>-christian<p>Sweet when you get it gotta do the usual mods and I will show u where to get them for cheap if u want namely clear corners and e class grill and flat star emblem :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hi -=spr=- , yes that would be very cool. I did not realize you could put an e-class grill on the c class. Do you know where I can find a pic of a c36 with this grill on the web??? i'd like to see how it looks. <p>BTW- how tuneable is the c36 when it comes to engine and suspension mods? Also, a comparision between a c36 and a stock M3...same league? My purpose of buying the c36 is for daily driving, AND a little weekend fun at the track once in a while....in a car that you don't see every day )<p>-Christian<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

: Hi -=spr=- , yes that would be very cool. I did not realize you could put an e-class grill on the c class. Do you know where I can find a pic of a c36 with this grill on the web??? i'd like to see how it looks. <p>BTW- how tuneable is the c36 when it comes to engine and suspension mods? Also, a comparision between a c36 and a stock M3...same league? My purpose of buying the c36 is for daily driving, AND a little weekend fun at the track once in a while....in a car that you don't see every day )<p>-Christian<br><p>Well the 95 to 99 M3 is very formidable, however it's not the same. But an AMG is not a benz in my opinion. I personally would never buy a benz non amg. If you are going to track it often get an M3. You will like it more. If you want a bit of compromise but not by much. I almost bought an M3 before I got my c43. I do not regret it one bit. The m3 will get to 60 quicker but on the freeway I will pull it hard. The brakes on my car are sickkooo. I used to have a 91 M5 fyi which killed the m3's. But either way you need to look at it from what you're really going to do with the car, Basically stick vrs. Auto. While you can heal and toe with the m3 the AMG is very good knowing when not to upshift. And overall as every Benz owner knows a Benz is a Benz and a BMW is just another car. hehe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

In response to your post regarding the two C36s available in the Bay Area, I presume your are referencing the silver 97 W202 C36 at Veracom and the black 97 W202 C36 at Autobahn motors. I posted a WTB ad a few weeks ago and have been looking for a well kept example with low miles in the bay area as well. I inspected both cars and found that the silver example was questionable. In comparison to the other c36 models that I have had the pleasure to drive, the Veracom car did not appear to be up to snuff and had signs of poor up keep and gross neglect. The motor was not nearly as fresh as the one available at Autobahn motors and simple details reflected that it had been neglected. Perhaps one of the best indicators of this was the condition of the wheels which should give you an idea about the cars history and prior use. To say the least Im sure that there are many better examples to be had. Between the two, the C36 at Autobahn is the better of the two although perfection will cost you in this case.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

<p> spr,<p> New owner of a '96 c36, 20k black, about the upgrades for performance and the E class grill please fill us in. I work in sales at a MB, BMW, Porsche dealer in Wisconsin, so I have access to parts, just tell me what and where. <br> <br> Brian Robbins

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

great! thanx for the info...as you already know, i finally got mine! yeas, daily driving w/auto was a big consideration...but seems like this car can rip the track every now and then...exactly what i want :) hehehe<p>btw- stock c36 suspension...capable as is on the track?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

: <p> spr,<p> New owner of a '96 c36, 20k black, about the upgrades for performance and the E class grill please fill us in. I work in sales at a MB, BMW, Porsche dealer in Wisconsin, so I have access to parts, just tell me what and where. <br> <br> Brian Robbins<p>email me what u are specific about I don't understand exactly. Most of the parts are cheaper to get directly through my amg distributor in Germany so whatever. [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: c36 questions!

I for one love the interior of the 95 over the 96 and 97. The central console is much more elegant.<br> although it is slightly down on power, the rotors are more solid, something that will save big money if you drive alot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts