Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the question. c350 or an is350?

the is350 has the c350 beaten on the hp. it has a little over 300hp.
and the is has a very plush interior. personally im not a fan of the
marshmellow seats but the nav system is very nice.

so for around the same price, you could have both.

personally i think the c class looks better on the outside, however the
lexus has it beat on the inside.

after driving both, i am a bit torn.
my first choice is the benz, of course. i love the shouty engine even though it is a bit less as fast as the lexus. however the lexus offers a smooth and very quiet ride and paddle shifters.

if im not able to get a mb dealer to work with me, i will lean towards the lexus. the is has been around for some time now and not so much in demand. however they dont make as many as the benz so that could be affecting the numbers.

my question is: would anyone consider an is350 over a c350?
if any of you have an is250 or c300, please dont answer because those are girl cars and im more interested in what the boys have to say. thanks :bowdown:

·
Registered
'08 C350
87 Posts
I think there is no right answer to this, but I'll give you my opinion.

The main factor that would lead me towards the c350 is the fact that the IS must have a change comming soon since its been out for quite a while. I wouldn't want to buy a car and then start seeing the pictures of the new model a year after.

I also consider german cars superios to japanese in overall driving experience. That being said, the IS is giving you more features for your money like keyless go, backup camera, better navi and paddle shifter, oh, and lets not forget the air vent on the seat to cool your ass.

Style is very personal, I ofcourse like the C350 much more than the IS, but I still like the IS style over the 3 series, so this is up to you.

Finally, there is no denying that out on the street the Lexus is seen as a Benz follower, if "look at me" is really important to you, then add a couple of points towards the c350.

·
Registered
09 ML350, 08 C300 sport 4Matic, 05 C230K, 98 ML320
53 Posts
U R N ASSHOLE......there is no such thing as a girl car....its how u dress that MFK'R that might make it appear masculine or feminine!!!!...I have a C230 Kompressor RWD and C3004Matic.....in the snowy winters of NY its obvious why u would want 2 have AWD....

·
Registered
2008 C300 Sport 6-speed
96 Posts
Your female/male comment is pure SHIT BTW. It seems you don't know a DAMN thing about cars and our opinions wouldn't matter. For you the IS350. You are not worthy of owning a C350 with your rediculous comments and mentality.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The guy is joking around, jeez. Although you do see a lot of women driving around in the IS250's and W203's ;). I think the IS350 is superior to the C350. Fit and finish is stunning, reliability is top notch, and the dealer service is far superior from my experience with the Lexus.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The guy is joking around, jeez. Although you do see a lot of women driving around in the IS250's and W203's ;). I think the IS350 is superior to the C350. Fit and finish is stunning, reliability is top notch, and the dealer service is far superior from my experience with the Lexus.
I read it that way too... he was likely just joking around though a bit tasteless. The IS350 may win more "editorial review" brownie points but a C350 is still a Mercedes-Benz. For many people the MB's soul, history, and 3-pointed star are still the determining factor. My old man saw it that way too for the first time last year when he drove home a new black C350. I also like the new W204, and even a C300 is not a girlie car. It's just less powerful than the C350, but looks just as sharp. ;)

If anything the new C63 AMG deserves the stereotyping/terminologies, that beast is as manly as it gets. Alhough its younger "sisters" (C300/C350) are still hot yet aggressive enough. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The IS is boring. It just isnt stylish enough for my tastes.

On the other hand, MB doesnt have enough gadgets for my taste. I would so love a C class with keyless go.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Lexus is the clear winner from a realiability point of view, looks I would give to the C350. Both cars have good performance, don't think that would sway me. Personally, I'm starting to lean towards BMW, better reliability numbers than MB, complete free maintenance for 4 years and has an appeal that sort of falls in between the more traditional MB and the more sporty IS350. As for one being a girly car, I don't think so and I can give you a fair opinion since I don't have a C350 or IS350 and I have 2 daughters that drive, one likes the C350 better, one likes the I335 better, neither like the IS350. But if you swing that way and want more of a girly car, look at VW, those have a long history of appeal to woman.

·
Registered
73 Posts
c300 for girls
c350 for guys

simply makes no sense, I had to get a c300 for the 4matic in US

You should get the lexus instead, I don't really want to be associated with someone who is so narrow minded.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
i have both an IS350 and C300. Both are very unique cars.

·
Registered
'09 C300 4Matic
5 Posts
The pointless thing about this thread is that you are comparing 2 similar vehicles. Go drive both, sit in both, have someone take a picture of you in both cars and look at it. Whichever one calls out to you more, get that car. Plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
The pointless thing about this thread is that you are comparing 2 similar vehicles. Go drive both, sit in both, have someone take a picture of you in both cars and look at it. Whichever one calls out to you more, get that car. Plain and simple.
Plan and simple is to also ask on a forum before the actual test drive too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if im not able to get a mb dealer to work with me, i will lean towards the lexus. the is has been around for some time now and not so much in demand. however they dont make as many as the benz so that could be affecting the numbers.
The IS350 is more than a bit faster than the C350. As for pricing you should be able to get both at or below invoice right now, my girlfriend just bought a c300 4matic at a bit below invoice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts