Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I see it's metric.. probably on the German autobahn. I don't think that's too fast.. you were probably keeping up with traffic!

The best stretch is between Madgeburg and Berlin - very easy to hit over 250 km/h. My record is "278 km/h," but that was in an Audi A8 and I know they're notorious for incorrect speedometers. My Audi A6 would show 80 mph while the GPS was showing 71 mph. Also, the A8 was supposed to be electronically limited at 250 km/h - so factoring in incorrect speedometers, I was probably doing 250 km/h. The Benz is always much more accurate and my TomTom would show 80 mph while my speedometer is also showing 80 mph.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I see it's metric.. probably on the German autobahn. I don't think that's too fast.. you were probably keeping up with traffic!

The best stretch is between Madgeburg and Berlin - very easy to hit over 250 km/h. My record is "278 km/h," but that was in an Audi A8 and I know they're notorious for incorrect speedometers. My Audi A6 would show 80 mph while the GPS was showing 71 mph. Also, the A8 was supposed to be electronically limited at 250 km/h - so factoring in incorrect speedometers, I was probably doing 250 km/h. The Benz is always much more accurate and my TomTom would show 80 mph while my speedometer is also showing 80 mph.

I was in Florida for 2 weeks - it was also no problem to drive above 160 mph between Orlando and Tampa.. But at every second i does drive it - i know - they put me to jail if they see me ^^

I rent a Corvette Convertible - a very nice car... But to hard to drive for US..

In US fit a Hummer H2 much better, the risk to run in trouble with the police is much lower...

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
That's very fast. But like most German cars, speedometer error at that speed is significant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts