Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 C350
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 C350 and after 95K, I was wondering why I haven't heard brake squeal nor any brake indicators. Last week, I had my vehicle in for routine service and was told that my front pads and rotors look good at 8mm, but my rears are down to 3.3 and need replacement. My questions are:

• Should there be that much wear difference (8mm vs. 3mm) between front and rear pads?
  • Don't the front pads usually wear more/faster than the rears?
  • Since my rear pads are at 3.3mm and my rotors are at 20mm, do the rotors need to be replaced, too?

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
The front pads on mine lasted 80K, rear pads just over 50K miles (they were the crappy black dusty pads). New pads on rears are replacement low dust pads, big difference. Rotors are still original.

Not unusual for the C-class. Sure front brakes and pads take more stress than rears, but they are not the same pads so the fronts last longer.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Wrecksqq - You are welcome.

I assume your C350 has been reliable.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I'm curious what you paid for the new pads ?
Front pads were approximately $250 installed, via independent tech.

·
Registered
2008 C350
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@MB-SV: Yes, I'm very happy with my C350. I'm still in disbelief that I've gone near 95k and haven't changed pads!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
16 Posts
There also a brakes sensor on your brakes that tell you when you need to replace it! once you replace your brake pads or rotors you need to replace new brakes sensor too!

·
Registered
2008 C300 Barolo Red P2 MM leather 18" AMGs new style folding mirrors + 1984 944
327 Posts
Front pads were approximately $250 installed, via independent tech.
Just front pads?? Even a dealer wouldn't have the gall to charge that much. Did you get a kiss with that?

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Just front pads?? Even a dealer wouldn't have the gall to charge that much. Did you get a kiss with that?
Brake fluid change and pads for that price. Dealer charges 20% more. No kiss (maybe for you only, special, lol) but dealer will do a medicre wash.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Brake fluid change and pads for that price. Dealer charges 20% more. No kiss (maybe for you only, special, lol) but dealer will do a medicre wash.
This is good to know! Our '08 C 350 has just got to 24K miles; I had the oil changed (at the dealer) about three weeks ago, and the report showed that the brakes were great. And, yes, the wash was slightly better than average.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts