Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C350 Sports
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to change the air filter of my 2008 C350 but not sure how the cover comes off. The front cover snapped off easily. But the air filter cover won't come off as easy. Is there a screw or bolt that I need to loosen to get to the air filter?:help:

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
1,271 Posts
I wanted to change the air filter of my 2008 C350 but not sure how the cover comes off. The front cover snapped off easily. But the air filter cover won't come off as easy. Is there a screw or bolt that I need to loosen to get to the air filter?:help:

Look VERY CAREFULLY. You probably have one more clamp holding it down.
Get your hand in there and search. A Flashlight is great for helping you
see in the back of the unit.

If you have to, loosen up the Air Hoses attached to the Air Filter Box so that
it moves easily.

Don't forget to Vacuum out the AF Housing and Clean your MAF
Use a Sharpie Marker, record the Mileage on the side of the new Air Filter
and update your Maintenance Logbook

·
Registered
C350 Sports
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Charles.

I completed my project today. There are no latch type clamp holding the air filter housing in place. However, there are 4clamps underneath the air filter housing, a little tricky but very easy to do.

- Disconnect air and vacumm hoses.
- Pop up the forward front cover.
- Pull the air filter housing stright up (may help to look under the filter
housing to see if the female clamp is disengaged from the male end)
- Once filter housing is disconnected, unscrew 4 torx screw to access the air
filter. There are 2 air filters, 1 from from each side, 8 screws all together. The
screw doesn't have to come out all the way.

Note: The screw heads could strip very easily, so use the right tool for the project to avoid additional work.

- Reinstall using the reverse process. Make sure to properly seat the air filter
housing and completely snap the
clamps in place.

Hope this help other people like me who likes to do their own basic car maintenance!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the great info. I too have a 2008 C350 and was wondering if you all are using K&N air filters? I've always used K&N on all my cars and they have been the best. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
K&N filters have been debated on the various forums here on BW. There is a guy who works for K&N who cliams they are beneficial. Others have argued the oil treated filters shorten the lives of the mass airflow sensor. As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on this but I only use OEM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts