Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to get either a set of 19' Carlsson 2/5 Brilliant Edition or 19' Brabus Monoblock VI for a 2002 Mercedes C32AMG. I wish someone can help me out with the following questions:<br>
1) I don't want my tires to scrub my rear fenders (on bumpy roads or when ppl are sitting in the back seats) nor do I want to widen my fender. I would like to know what wheel size shall I use? Different sites offer different offsets....shall I go for 8x19 front and 9x19 rear OR 8.5x19 front and 9.5x19 rear??? <br>
2) I noticed there are not many choices on tires, I am assuming to use 235/35/19 front and 265/30/19 rear. What tires would you recommend? <br>
3) The car's front fender seems to be higher than the rear fender, which looks a bit strange in the front. Therefore, I am thinking of lowering the car, especially the front. What spring would you recommend? <br>
4) There are large AMG calipers in the front, do I need to put a spacer in the front? at rear?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm waiting on a C32 (I live in the UK) and have been researching wheel upgrades too. I've been looking at 18' rather than 19', but what Ive discovered may help you.<br> I e-mailed Brabus about the Monoblock VI, which is my preference, and there is no way they recommend fitment in 8' fr and 9' rear without having the fenders rolled; the same seems to be true if you look at the Lorinser website in relation to their wheels.<br> However, if you want an upgrade, and don't want to roll the fenders there are 2 new 18' AMG options that have just gone up on their website.<br> You can even see what they might look like on a wheel generator. The older style one piece is 8' fr 9' rear; the one I like is the new multi piece in 7.5 and 8.5. They post recommended tyre size too (the same for both widths, 225/40 f and 255/35 rear)<br> Hope this helps - don't know about lowering.<br> Enjoy your C32!!<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: C32AMG

Thanks, Guy!<br> If u're looking for 18' wheels, I would recommand u to buy a set of Carlsson 2/5 with 8.5x18 front and 9 or 9.5x18 rear. Trust me, it works! Cause I am using a 8.5x18 front and 10x18 rear now (this is the set of wheels I used for my CLK430). Its just the rear is a too wide & its rubbing when ppl are sitting in the back. Thats why I need to change the wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts