Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anyone help me out,,
My Mercedes Benz c320 4matic is jerking when I speed up, most especially when I park and starts moving again.
Please what could possibly be the cause of this jerking

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,571 Posts
"Jerking", as in the engine jerks? (engine struggles, misfires, etc)
Or the transmission jerks? (engine sounds fine, but still jerks)

Scan for codes and post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps the jerking is due to recent bad or low quality fuel in the system? have you tried adding fresh high octane fuel recently?
No I do buy good fuel here but the problem is that at a certain speed, the car makes noise in the transmission thus, jump faster, then return back to the previous speed.
C320 4matic w203 Mercedes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Jerking", as in the engine jerks? (engine struggles, misfires, etc)
Or the transmission jerks? (engine sounds fine, but still jerks)

Scan for codes and post.
Yes the transmission jerking or at a certain speed the transmission makes noticeable noise, you know, jumps to the higher speed gear than the one it should have selected... Like jumping from 1 to 3 instead of 1 to 2 and immediately returns back to it previous speed. Also while doing that, the speed will be throwing ups and downs.
C320 4matic w203 Mercedes.

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,571 Posts
Yes the transmission jerking or at a certain speed the transmission makes noticeable noise, you know, jumps to the higher speed gear than the one it should have selected... Like jumping from 1 to 3 instead of 1 to 2 and immediately returns back to it previous speed. Also while doing that, the speed will be throwing ups and downs.
C320 4matic w203 Mercedes.
The first thing to do is check the transmission fluid level of course. You should then scan the TCU for codes. This will require either a MB Star computer or a scanner that can specifically read Mercedes transmission codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts