Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have anyone done this, would i be able to professionally install this on my car and work great? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33642&item=7950582212&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
i dunno, but seems hot as hell

thanks for the link--im looking into it now

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
it says its pretty much DITY

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
nukblazi - 3/14/2005 2:58 PM

My guess you guys haven't done this before, or seen it up close. The door alignment looks like hell, and it is rarely DIY.

Tom
yea, i have seen a lamborghini upclose, been inside, and i have seen the setup

i am assuming the setup would be similiar for the benz, but i am just going by what the specs say (with 2 people and a little knowlegde of mechanics, they claim and make it seem DITY)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just the front doors, the back doors can't be done. but is cool 'cause those doors u opened them like normal door just a little be to the side and then up. i saw it on they're website http://verticaldoors.com/

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know how they work, I know someone with them on a caviler a 2-door, and it looks terrible. A four door, eh, but that's me.

They don't fit right, the door won't line up right, and basically my advise would be you could spend your money wiser somewhere else.

Tom

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
they would look awsome on some cars.....plus u can get them for ALL 4 doors

did u see the pic of them on the s-class/e-class? looks awsome!!!

cavalier? i dont think that was a "good" car to judge the quality/look/fit on.....lol

you are talking about a car at least 1/3 the price, and 1/5 the quality of an entry level mercedes.

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
ah - but if one says that they couldnt make it look good on a cavalier...how can they make it look factory finished on a Mercedes-Benz that your stating has 5 times the quality - assuming you are addressing fit and finish?
will the doors seal as well, will it be as water tight, will the air stream be as silent? will they hold the weight of teh door and not sag after 50k miles? do they meet the same crash and roll safety tests??? i do not know - so many questions, but if you want them - buy them

do it!
jake

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
BF_JC230 - 3/15/2005 12:33 PM

ah - but if one says that they couldnt make it look good on a cavalier...how can they make it look factory finished on a Mercedes-Benz that your stating has 5 times the quality - assuming you are addressing fit and finish?
jake
my point exactly; lets say mercedes = circle, cavalier = square

if we are addressing the issue of INITIAL quality and design, its much easier to cut a perfect square out of perfect circle, than to attemp to cut a perfect circle out of non-so-pefect square

that being said, i would think that the better the initial quality and attention to detail (fit and finish) the easier it would be modify something to/for it to make it look/feel/sound almost as good or decently good, without having to use alot of guesswork.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i talked to the guy that sells them and he doesn't have them for the C320. i need t see one up-close before going for it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Price doesn't make the car people. I can believe that with the obvious drawbacks, danger, and "rice" qualities, you can't figure it out. Maybe next you could add a primered fiberglass body kit... The fit and finish is terrible, too many civics have them, and furthermore Lambo doors are very 1990's. Widebody's are in now...

Tom

·
Registered
2004 W203 C180K Elegance Sport Sedan & 2005 W209 CLK280 Elegance Coupe
104 Posts
if you unbolt a door off a car, and try to put it back together just like the factory job, all lined up and fitting flush and proper, it is damn impossible. I tried it once before when i resprayed my old car, and 5+ hours later it still wasnt lined up.

let alone a swinging hinge. i personally think it can look good on certain cars like maybe a Celica or some Japanese coupe show car, but never ever on a Mercedes! its way too tacky, and will not last nor open and close properly

·
Registered
05 c230 sport sedan
106 Posts
nukblazi - 3/16/2005 1:00 AM

Price doesn't make the car people. I can believe that with the obvious drawbacks, danger, and "rice" qualities, you can't figure it out. Maybe next you could add a primered fiberglass body kit... The fit and finish is terrible, too many civics have them, and furthermore Lambo doors are very 1990's. Widebody's are in now...

Tom
WIDE BODYS RULE![^]

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
nukblazi - 3/15/2005 4:00 PM

Widebody's are in now...

Tom
ok, everybody let's go get our mercedes' "WIDEBODIED"!!!!!!![8D]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts