Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:surrender:My 02 c320 is throwing p0705. I thought it was the conductor plate because of the symptoms seemed the same. Changed it and still have the p0705. I can erase it and it will show again just by going through the gears. I think it is pointing to a modul at the base of the shift lever? What is the part #? to order? I've had to replace the servo motors, so I know how to get in there, but I was hoping for some guidance before I dig in. It would also be nice to have the new part on hand.

I've searched for P0705 but find only one that was not answered.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
:surrender:My 02 c320 is throwing p0705. I thought it was the conductor plate because of the symptoms seemed the same. Changed it and still have the p0705. I can erase it and it will show again just by going through the gears. I think it is pointing to a modul at the base of the shift lever? What is the part #? to order? I've had to replace the servo motors, so I know how to get in there, but I was hoping for some guidance before I dig in. It would also be nice to have the new part on hand.

I've searched for P0705 but find only one that was not answered.

Thanks,
You need to erase the code with a Mercedes scanner before your repair will work.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
The problem lies in the Electronic Shifter Module (ESM) itself, have you spilled a drink near the selector? The electronics plate is a different but close fault code, P0715 input turbine speed sensor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hooked up my MB carsoft 7.3 and erased the codes, car drove nice for 40 miles then threw P0705 again and went into limp mode. There may have been two problems because I used to get 4th or some shifting by restarting.

So, it appears its the shift module. What is the part # and process for replacing it?

·
52,804 Posts
I hooked up my MB carsoft 7.3 and erased the codes, car drove nice for 40 miles then threw P0705 again and went into limp mode. There may have been two problems because I used to get 4th or some shifting by restarting.

So, it appears its the shift module. What is the part # and process for replacing it?
Do not replace it at this stage, remove and clean with electrical cleaner first and try it again, use this link as a guide.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208-clk-class/1353354-shift-module-removal.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is a 02 C320. Its a lot diff than the pics, but that was helpful.

Got it out and took the switch apart. Its not what I've seen in any other threads. Its one switch with 2 sides mounted sidways on the horizontal shaft. One side is a gold plated circuit board traces and gold wiper. light tracks only and no unexpected wear. Lookd much better than I though it would: in very nice shape. The other side of the same board has 3 maybe 4 optical switches: no wear possible. There is an alignment hole for Park to setup or synch the switches to the rotation of the shift horizontal shaft. The shaft has two tabs that engage the switch rotor and rotates switch as you shift. The only other switches are mounted on the spill resistant cover: the up and down shift switches. It is one asembly and pop riveted so I couldn't get into it. I suspect the switches are not at fault. Maybe what the switches drive.

Reassembled all and found the MA error p02067 "stored in EGS Control Unit P0705" When I run the test on the EGS 3 out of four times it was "unrecognised or not installed" finally I got EGS P240C and the unit number: 030-545-23-32.

And I never noticed the D for Drive light on the shift indicator lights up in the ignition 2 position, but its on now.

What should I do?

·
52,804 Posts
Mine is a 02 C320. Its a lot diff than the pics, but that was helpful.

Got it out and took the switch apart. Its not what I've seen in any other threads. Its one switch with 2 sides mounted sidways on the horizontal shaft. One side is a gold plated circuit board traces and gold wiper. light tracks only and no unexpected wear. Lookd much better than I though it would: in very nice shape. The other side of the same board has 3 maybe 4 optical switches: no wear possible. There is an alignment hole for Park to setup or synch the switches to the rotation of the shift horizontal shaft. The shaft has two tabs that engage the switch rotor and rotates switch as you shift. The only other switches are mounted on the spill resistant cover: the up and down shift switches. It is one asembly and pop riveted so I couldn't get into it. I suspect the switches are not at fault. Maybe what the switches drive.

Reassembled all and found the MA error p02067 "stored in EGS Control Unit P0705" When I run the test on the EGS 3 out of four times it was "unrecognised or not installed" finally I got EGS P240C and the unit number: 030-545-23-32.

And I never noticed the D for Drive light on the shift indicator lights up in the ignition 2 position, but its on now.

What should I do?

P240C The CAN signal for the selector lever position from component N15/5 (electronic selector lever module control module) is implausible.

P2067 Component N15/3 (ETC control module) memory is fault.(P0705)

It could be a fault EGS control unit but;

Well it keeps pointing back to the ESM as faulty, your call now, it costs money.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a used shifter and Have 50 miles on it w/o P0705. Its shifting fine now. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts