Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C240
5 Posts
the kit runs around $2100-$2700 plus shipping and tax if applicable. shop around, and if ...

the kit runs around $2100-$2700 plus shipping and tax if applicable. shop around, and if u get the kit, make sure it is a genuine AMG urethane kit with the foglights, 3 grills, and all the necessary clips to mount. also, u need to know if u need an exhaust cutout on the back bumper and if u have headlight washers...hope this helps!

·
Registered
c240
9 Posts
Re: the kit runs around $2100-$2700 plus shipping and tax if applicable. shop around, and if ...

the kit runs around $2100-$2700 plus shipping and tax if applicable. shop around, and if u get the kit, make sure it is a genuine AMG urethane kit with the foglights, 3 grills, and all the necessary clips to mount. also, u need to know if u need an exhaust cutout on the back bumper and if u have headlight washers...hope this helps!
Where can I find this kit and after I find it who should get to install it?

·
Registered
2002 C240
5 Posts
i am not too familiar with the houston area, but try any local mercedes or amg distibuters...

i am not too familiar with the houston area, but try any local mercedes or amg distibuters in your area. also, many parts can be found on the internet.

in terms of paint and installation, be fairly careful on who u choose...do ur research on the different types of paint (acrylic, urethane...) and the different brands of paint out there. also, make sure the shop is clean and tidy, and has the proper spray booths and oven to properly "bake" the paint. look for shops that have been in business for some time and see if they are i-car gold class certified. it is a small certification test but it does show a shop is more into details and reputation. check out the i-car website for more info on the different certs. the shop should do a "dry fit" to make sure kit pieces align to the body "prior" to painting. then properly prep the pieces for priming and painting. # of coats of primer, color, flex additive, and clear coat affects final price. in california where everything is expensive, a "quality" paint job for paint and installation of a 4 pc "factory" kit with bumper trim and 2 foglights run $1000-$2000 and takes about a week to complete. if a shop quotes u $500 and a day or two to complete, ... good luck! hope this bit of info helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts