Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a SLK32 and I'm currently looking to trade my wife's Acura TL for a C32 or slightly used E55. I'm familiar with the performance specs on both cars but I'm curious about the following also:

Interior noise level/daily use (int. and trunk space, etc.) - I realize the E55 is bigger but has anyone had both to compare day-to-day use?

Highway cruising sound levels

Real-life handling - obviously the C32 is smaller and probably handles better on the track but how does that translate to daily commuting handling "feel". Is it a big difference?

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
2002 CLK 55 cabrio
11 Posts
If value matters...

I suspect the newer bodystyle C will retain value more than than the old bodystyle E. I've seen that the bottom has already dropped on the E55s in anticipation of the greatly enhanced 03/04 cars. As far as performance, just run the power to weight ratios comparing the C32 vs. the old E55. I test drove an 03 C32 last week, and it would stomp my CLK 55 cab. Weight kills me.

·
Registered
c32 AMG
2 Posts
Not to mention...

...the new E55s are going to have 450+ (guessing the same engine as the S55 with 493HPs, maybe 470 or so when it gets over here) pushing it into dream category for performance...

G.
[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
'02 C32
2 Posts
We had both cars ('02 C32 and '02 E55) for about a year. I primarily drove the C32 and my ...

We had both cars ('02 C32 and '02 E55) for about a year. I primarily drove the C32 and my wife drove the E55. I rarely drove the E55 as I vastly preferred the C32. The E55 actually rode far worse than the C32, but perplexingly enough, handled worse as well. My wife was forever complaining that the car rode hard and that after long drives her back would hurt.

The C32 is quite tossable and is fairly precise and very well balanced. The E55 is none of those. It seemed ponderous and vague to me, at once too hard and too soft. It's ride was VERY unforgiving, yet bend into a turn and you could feel the car wallowing. My previous CLK55 felt much the same way. It had stellar limits, but there was utterly no joy in probing them. If you don't mind the smaller size (the E55 is a larger car after all) the C32 is definitely a better bet.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comparison...

how do you compare the new e500 with the e55? thanks.

·
Registered
MBENZ ML320, AUDI A4 SPORT, MBENZ C230K SS (current)
1,729 Posts
c32 !!!! and dont forget to get the new Bi-xenon headlight units!...

c32 !!!! and dont forget to get the new Bi-xenon headlight units!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts