Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having lifter/valve lash noise at starting at 2000 - 3000 rpm? I have a noise that sounds like a lifter bleeding down at rpm - goes away below 2000 rpm. <br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can you describe the sound? i'm not sure if i have the same problem. (more)

the sound that i'm getting is a flapping sound, which i swore was not there until recently.<br> <br> not sure if that's normal or not. feel silly to bring in my car for every unfamiliar sound i hear. i've never had a supercharged car, so it's hard to say!<br> <br> thanks.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like lifter noise

The sound starts at about 2500 rpm. Sounds like maladjusted valve lash or colapsing hydraulic lifter. Once started the 'tapping' sound stays noticable until revs drop below 2500 where it is once again quite.<br> <br> I also felt silly - but I brought it to the dealer anyway. They said after listening to it that it was a characteristic sound of the roller cam in C32 engine. Upon listning more closely to the sound I can imagine that to be the source but - I'm not 100% sure I beleve it.<br> <br> MB Tech also said it would get more pronouced as the engine breaks in. Well at least it will more constant then - not sharply clattering in at 2500!<br> <br> I'll let everyone know if the break in results in more or less noise.<br> <br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts