Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
355 horsepower helical supercharcher on base C320, new hand sewn seats, thicker steering wheel, door sills, computer enhancements, Kleemann exclusive 18' wheels and brakes, pink calipers, suspension, Aero kit, exhaust system, and suspension. 0-60 in 4.9.... At a price of $66,000 in Japan. A steal for a car a handful of people worldwide can brag rights to. Aftermarket Japanese DVD/MP3/MiniDisc navigation and stereo system that is far superior to anything mercedes has or anything in the US aftermarket. Also comes with a 2 year Kleemann warranty. Passes all Japanese smog emissions which are more stringent than America's. Doing research on how I will be able to import these left hand cars in limited quantities at this current moment,

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How is this car a 'C-32 Killer'? The listed 0-60 performance is identical to the C-32. The listed price of 66K would likely exceed 70K after importation-or 20K more than a C-32 sans options. Upgrading the C-32's suspension, interior and stereo can be accomplished for something less than 20K.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: C32 Killer, by Kleemann Tuning

The C32 does not do 0-60 in 4.8sec, that is what MB tells you but independent studies from both CAR and TopGear of the U.K. confirm that it is really around 5.1 sec.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ummm, you're wrong, do you have a C32? How do you know what it does? I have one and i have gotten consistent 5 flat 0-60. I know i can and will get under 5 seconds. Stop believeing every magazine article you read. I paid under 60K not 66K + import taxes, etc... and i have 5yr warranty not 2. PT Barnum said it best-'There's a sucker born every minute.'

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you C32 guys have never driven a Brabus or Kleeman

Yes, Chris and C32 driver I have driven a C32 or else I would not be talking about this. These turner cars are for enthusuists that want a little more from their Mercedes. Ever since Mercedes bought AMG, the company has followed a conservative appraoch which was quite the antithesis from its pre-Mercedes ownership days. It was the LACK of any memorable exhaust note and undistinguishable features such as rather small 17' wheels, thin steering wheel, 2 pipe exhaust, etc that turned me off. If you ever heard/seen a Brabus or Kleeman you would know what I am talking about and it just ain't about performance (By the way the 355 is a very conservative figure, boost can be realiably increased to around 400hp). One of many reasons why the underpowered M3 outsells the C32.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probably a good performer, but....

I don't think this is a car many MB type people would buy. IMO is lacks the grace that MB is going for. The interior looks kinda of boy racer. The 'wolf is sheeps clothing' image is destroyed. It probably isn't too cost effective either (66k plus importing fees). I say start with a C32 or stay with Brabus.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be interested in the 'Aftermarket Japanese DVD/MP3/MiniDisc navigation and stereo system that is far superior to anything mercedes has or anything in the US aftermarket'. Do you have literature/pictures/pricing for it?<p>PROBSCHED

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay so I got my C32 for 60k, let me see with<br> that extra 10 i've got Brabus springs shocks,<br> Dual exhaust, no resonators, getting renntech<br> cold air intake. Yeah I think i'll smoke the<br> Kleeman ! Okay what concerns me is the whole<br> package it's still a C320 ! Doesn't have the<br> drivetrain to handle the power for one !! <br> Second of all the gear ratios ummmmmmmmm yeah<br> better go with C32 and just rice it out. I'll<br> bet $100 i'll smoke the Kleeman on a track. <br> <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Phil,<br> <br> The Kleeman was designed to do one thing, and that is to perform better than the C32, great comparison in this month's EVO magazine. (that is its selling point) Of course the driveline has been revised, and it sounds like a real sports sedan not muted like the C32<p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts