Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C32
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble with the intergrated Motorola cell phone in their C32? For the second time now, my car has stopped recognizing the phone. Last time it failed, the dealer replaced the phone, that was about 2 months ago.

Anybody else have issues with this?

- J

·
Registered
6 Posts
phone problems

I too have had phone problems. Once in a while, I'll plug my timeport into my c32 and it won't recognize the phone.

Often, it simply takes a restart of the car or phone to clear the problem.

When your phone stops working, does it not work again until you visit the shop?

TTFN,

J

·
Registered
C32
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: phone problems

The two times I have the problem with my phone, it has complete failure. The car will not recognize the phone at all. I have not gone more that 2-months without this problem reoccurring.

The biggest problem in getting that fixed is that I have to leave both the car _and_ the phone with the dealership.

I too have had phone problems. Once in a while, I'll plug my timeport into my c32 and it won't recognize the phone.

Often, it simply takes a restart of the car or phone to clear the problem.

When your phone stops working, does it not work again until you visit the shop?

TTFN,

J

·
Registered
2002 CLK430
64 Posts
Integrated Phone Problems

I don't have a C32, but I have major phone problems with the Motorola phone. Did your car come with the phone or did you have it installed after purchase? Please let me know if you find out what is causing the problem. My car has been in the shop for the last three weeks and they can't fix it. With mine, the cd player also isn't recognized. It doesn't work 90 percent of the time. The first time it was in the shop they said it was a loose antenna wire. It has been at a different dealer this time, but still no luck getting it to work properly. They have replaced just about everything at least once and still no luck. The dealer can run a test on your system to see if all the components are communicating. However, if it works for the test, I think they are pretty much guessing what the reason for the failure is. Hope you have better luck than I have had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts