Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience driving a C32AMG in the snow? Does MB's ESP and Winter Mode help at all? Which wheels, tires? <br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>
Patrick<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After 3yrs in an ML320 I expected the worst but I drove my C32 all last winter here in Canada and it was quite manageable. I used Michelin AlpinSport 225/45 17's all around. You MUST use AMG rims in order to clear the front brake calipers. Of course the traction cannot compare with AWD but the ESP/ASR is a terrific help. There may end up increased brake pad wear because if this but its worth it. Winter mode does help at take off. The snow tires are more squirmy at high speeds but that is to be expected. I think that using a narrower tire (like a 215 or even 205 width) might provide better grip in the snow but that would be at the expense of high speed cornering ability on dry pavement (and thats where the fun lays doesn't it !?). Hope this is helpful.<br> <br> Cheers

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is the Michelin Artic Alpin and Pilot Alpin. The Pilot alpin looks more like the pilot sport. See tirerack.com.<br> <br> Which amg wheels did you use to clear the calipers on the ML?<br> <br> I had Pilot Alpins in the snow on a w124. They do well on the snow, but they are bad on the ice. They have a treadwear rating of 400, but they seem to wear down pretty fast. Probably because of all the slits in the tread.<br> <br> I had studded snow tires on a w124 on the 15' wheels with 225/55/15 or 50/15, they did really well. Better than my moms new F150 with studded tires 4 wheel drive.<br> <br> I have no experience with the C32, but these are my experiences with tires.<br> <br> Austin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts