Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of buying a c32, but a little worried about the 'speed shift'. it will allow quick down shift, but would it upshift automatically for you (even when you don't want it)? comments appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It depends. If you can tolerate auto gearbox<br> in a 'sports' car IMHO it won't hurt. C32<br> gearbox is nothing more than little faster,<br> reinforced 5-speed auto box well known from<br> all other MB cars. Plus it is connected with<br> traction module to prevent upshift on<br> cornering - that's all. If you have driven<br> MB with auto trans before, you know that all<br> you have to learn is how to control gear<br> changes with your right foot. It's easy.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In manual mode, it will only upshift if you hit the redline, otherwise it will hold the current gear. It auto-downshifts under hard braking (but only 2 gears max). In auto-mode, it will upshift like other MB automatics.<br>
<br>
It's a great auto-manual, I really like it. My only complaint is it doesn't always downshift to the lowest possible gear in auto-mode (when you nail the gas), instead it ops for smooth acceleration. Of course, you can always override this by holding the lever to the left and forcing the downshift, but I don't always think of doing that.<br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts