Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It wont come as a 4-Matic.And i dont think that theyll ever put the c on 4 wheel drive.<br>Well depends on if u can handle the car in snow...It has ABS and ESP so...<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C32 will do OK with high-quality winter tires and wheels...

You need to find some 17x7 wheels to use in the winter with Bridgestone Blizzaks or Michelin Alpines. You'll get by just fine with those.<p>The C-class is supposed to get 4-matic in 2002, but there's no telling if it'll make it to the C32, probably not right away at lest.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would echo the S-4 -- the C43 is useless in snow with normal Z-rated tires. I had to abandon my C43 along the roadside in NC because of a 2" spring snowfall (I had Michelin Pilot Sports with good tread)-- the car was sliding on even a slight grade from a stop with the brakes on (no control from cutting the wheel) and next to impossible to get up even minor hills with Good Samaritans pushing -- had to cut off the ESP and slide sideways as being pushed up -- very dangerous with any on-coming traffic (and, of course, every idiot in a SUV wants to blast past you).<p>If you intend to try to drive this car in the snow, you should switch wheels (get a second set)and get dedicated winter tires such as the Blizzaks -- worth the trouble?<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts