Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a video on youtube of a C32 AMG with the resonator deleted.
YouTube - C32 AMG Resonator Delete

Im trying to figure out which resonator that is so i can get it removed, because that exhaust note is just perfect Anyone have diagrams on a C32 exhaust system?

Second i did a search and found powerchipgroup.com for chip tuning. Under their selection i found 2 chips for my car.

One listed as Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG (Software suits pulley) 3.2

Second listed as Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG (Pulley) 3.2

The second chip when selected comes up as Unfortunately there is no Powerchip upgrade released for the Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG (Pulley) 3.2 at this time.

But im not sure if the first one ("software suits pully") is the correct one for my car.

·
Always Remembered RIP
3,381 Posts
There is a video on youtube of a C32 AMG with the resonator deleted.
YouTube - C32 AMG Resonator Delete

Im trying to figure out which resonator that is so i can get it removed, because that exhaust note is just perfect Anyone have diagrams on a C32 exhaust system?

Second i did a search and found powerchipgroup.com for chip tuning. Under their selection i found 2 chips for my car.

One listed as Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG (Software suits pulley) 3.2

Second listed as Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG (Pulley) 3.2

The second chip when selected comes up as Unfortunately there is no Powerchip upgrade released for the Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG (Pulley) 3.2 at this time.

But im not sure if the first one ("software suits pully") is the correct one for my car.
heres a link to it 49
Óçëû è àãðåãàòû

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
resonator is after the cat and before the muffler in the middle of the car.

and it's not worth doing the ECU without the pulley kit.
Is the part i circled the resonator?

And where can i get a pulley kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,everyone ,

Autoboss V2600+
Honda GNA600
New BMW GT1
Renault CAN Clip Diagnostic Interface
BMW INPA
OP-COM
MB Star 2008
BMW OPS
CANDI Interface FOR GM
Lexia-3 Citroen/Peugeot Diagnostic Tool
Ford VCM IDS
MVP Key Programmer
MB Key NEC Programmer
HITAG-2 Key Tool
BENZ / BMW Smart Key Maker AK400
T-Code 6. 52 T300
Crecorder
Super VW/AUDI Memo Scanner
B100 BMW Scan/Reset Tool
U581 CAN OBDII/EOBDII Memo Scanner
U281 CAN VW/AUDI Memo Scanner
BMW CAS3 Programmer
X-PROG Programmer
Universal Dash Programmer
HEX-USB-CAN VAG-COM FOR 704
KWP2000 ECU Plus Flasher
BDM100
Bluetooth ELM327
Auto Maintenance USB ELM323
New CAN BUS Service & Airbag Reset
SI-Reset VAG OBD2
SI-Reset BMW OLD
SI-Reset MB38
BMW Airbag (SRS) Scan/Reset Tool
Airbag Resetting And Anti-Theft Code Reader
TV Free/TV Activator

hemeiling0811"At"hotmail"dot"com

·
Registered
1 Posts
C32 Resonator Delete and Cats

Hi seen all the threads on this and thought I'd add my half pennies worth.

I have a clean 60K miles C32 (owned by a dead guy for years - long story...) and I had the ECU done without the pulley.

BIG difference - feels like 20-30HP more but torque is up and it reacts to small inputs like my RS4 at low revs. Also economy leapt to 30-32mpg on 75mph runs up from 22-24. However, this is a UK based observation as the fuel here is 97-99 RON and the car is chipped to use this instead of the global standard 86- 95.

I then did the SL500 airbox swap using KN filters. At the same time I deleted both the secondary cats (it still sails through emissions so don't worry if you plan to do this in the UK) and the resonator and replaced with a custom straight through exhaust but left the AMG tails alone.

All in all maybe 2K of work.

But... Resonator delete is REALLY loud and I think kills the character of the car. Turns it into a droning mess at all revs and the trim rattled at 4-6Krpm under load. I've raced all sorts and it isn't a macho thing - it just isn't nice. You'd expect a hollow bark al a porsche but it's a mess. After the initial 5 minutes of "holy sh*!" it quickly becomes apparent how intrusively noisy you've just made the uber cruiser.

I put the resonator back (but left the 2ndry CATs off etc) and now have what I think is the best Q car I've ever owned. The note is great, it pulls like a train (I get 60 in 4.5 same as the RS), drifts in a controllable and lovely way and is a joy to drive. Each to their own but cost / performance ratio is enough and can't see why you'd need to change the pulley unless you had money to burn.

Finally if you are in the UK and can't handle the weather in your Merc, buy snow tyres - I'm on Blizzaks and it has made a huge difference (in so far as I am keeping it...).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts