Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have calculated the monthly lease payment based on 3 years/36000mi and $53000 price without down payment<p>= $786 not including sales tax (add approximately $15 for every $1000 in tax) and 8% interest and 67% residual (current residual for C class is 70%)<br>I am pretty sure of the numbers, since I used dealer's formula. If the dealer gives you a much higher figure, he is making extra money at your expense :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: I have calculated the monthly lease payment based on 3 years/36000mi and $53000 price without down payment<p>= $786 not including sales tax (add approximately $15 for every $1000 in tax) and 8% interest and 67% residual (current residual for C class is 70%)<br>I am pretty sure of the numbers, since I used dealer's formula. If the dealer gives you a much higher figure, he is making extra money at your expense :)<p>Why would the residual not be higher than on the C240 or C320? I'm going by the current resale<br>value of the CLK models which are more limited in production (similar case<br>for C32) than the C sedans.<p>thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That surprises me too, but that's what the dealer told me: all AMG models have a slightly lower residual than non AMG models, having said that, current C class has the highest residual in the entire MB line, so who knows? I was being conservative.<p>: : I have calculated the monthly lease payment based on 3 years/36000mi and $53000 price without down payment<p>= $786 not including sales tax (add approximately $15 for every $1000 in tax) and 8% interest and 67% residual (current residual for C class is 70%)<br>I am pretty sure of the numbers, since I used dealer's formula. If the dealer gives you a much higher figure, he is making extra money at your expense :)<p>Why would the residual not be higher than on the C240 or C320? I'm going by the current resale<br>value of the CLK models which are more limited in production (similar case<br>for C32) than the C sedans.<p>thanks <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: That surprises me too, but that's what the dealer told me: all AMG models have a slightly lower residual than non AMG models, having said that, current C class has the highest residual in the entire MB line, so who knows? I was being conservative.<p>: : I have calculated the monthly lease payment based on 3 years/36000mi and $53000 price without down payment<p>= $786 not including sales tax (add approximately $15 for every $1000 in tax) and 8% interest and 67% residual (current residual for C class is 70%)<br>I am pretty sure of the numbers, since I used dealer's formula. If the dealer gives you a much higher figure, he is making extra money at your expense :)<p>Why would the residual not be higher than on the C240 or C320? I'm going by the current resale<br>value of the CLK models which are more limited in production (similar case<br>for C32) than the C sedans.<p>thanks <p><p>Thanks for the info. I am number 5 on my dealer<br>list for the C32 and can't wait. I have never leased <br>before but I will consider it this time because<br>I usually do not keep cars for more than 3 years.<br>I think what I might do with this car is drive it for<br>a while and then maybe trade it in for another<br>Merc. It depends how much I like it. I have<br>a feeling that I will get addicted to that<br>kick in the pants power!<br>1 question about leasing, did that payment include<br>gap insurance in case the car gets totalled and<br>I am stuck with the lease?<p>thanks again!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far, I have leased only BMW, their lease does include gap insurance, so I imagine MB would too.<br>I also change cars every 3 years, that's why I lease.<br>I was actually thinking M3, but it has longer wait, since I am #1 for MB.<p>: : That surprises me too, but that's what the dealer told me: all AMG models have a slightly lower residual than non AMG models, having said that, current C class has the highest residual in the entire MB line, so who knows? I was being conservative.<p>: : I have calculated the monthly lease payment based on 3 years/36000mi and $53000 price without down payment<p>= $786 not including sales tax (add approximately $15 for every $1000 in tax) and 8% interest and 67% residual (current residual for C class is 70%)<br>I am pretty sure of the numbers, since I used dealer's formula. If the dealer gives you a much higher figure, he is making extra money at your expense :)<p>Why would the residual not be higher than on the C240 or C320? I'm going by the current resale<br>value of the CLK models which are more limited in production (similar case<br>for C32) than the C sedans.<p>thanks <p><p>Thanks for the info. I am number 5 on my dealer<br>list for the C32 and can't wait. I have never leased <br>before but I will consider it this time because<br>I usually do not keep cars for more than 3 years.<br>I think what I might do with this car is drive it for<br>a while and then maybe trade it in for another<br>Merc. It depends how much I like it. I have<br>a feeling that I will get addicted to that<br>kick in the pants power!<br>1 question about leasing, did that payment include<br>gap insurance in case the car gets totalled and<br>I am stuck with the lease?<p>thanks again!<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts