Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG<br>Mercedes-Benz re-enters the hot rod ranks with its new C32 AMG supersedan. Powered by a new 349-horsepower, 3.2-liter supercharged and intercooled V-6 Kompressor engine, the new C32 develops nearly 300 lb-ft of torque and moves 0-60 mph in just 5 seconds. SpeedShift five-speed automatic transmission and racing brakes and suspension round out the sporty package."<p>- Looks like it's almost spot on the M3 performance. I own a 97M3 so I feel qualified to say this...I'd challenge 98% of those with a new M3 to beat a C32 off the stoplight. Wont happen. I beat a Cobra Mustang this week and I have an auto M3. He should have beaten me by 1.3seconds to 60, but was actually a full car length and a half behind. (he lost a lot off the line and shifting to 2nd). Point being: professional drivers and those at the mags can get the reported stats, but normal drivers wont. Sticks are more fun, but do lose a few races. Yes, I ordered a C32 AMG many, many months ago. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: "2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG<br>Mercedes-Benz re-enters the hot rod ranks with its new C32 AMG supersedan. Powered by a new 349-horsepower, 3.2-liter supercharged and intercooled V-6 Kompressor engine, the new C32 develops nearly 300 lb-ft of torque and moves 0-60 mph in just 5 seconds. SpeedShift five-speed automatic transmission and racing brakes and suspension round out the sporty package."<p>- Looks like it's almost spot on the M3 performance. I own a 97M3 so I feel qualified to say this...I'd challenge 98% of those with a new M3 to beat a C32 off the stoplight. Wont happen. I beat a Cobra Mustang this week and I have an auto M3. He should have beaten me by 1.3seconds to 60, but was actually a full car length and a half behind. (he lost a lot off the line and shifting to 2nd). Point being: professional drivers and those at the mags can get the reported stats, but normal drivers wont. Sticks are more fun, but do lose a few races. Yes, I ordered a C32 AMG many, many months ago. <br><p>Me too! I can't wait to get it this fall! <br>Have you discussed financing? I am considering a lease for the 1st time!<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: : "2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG<br>Mercedes-Benz re-enters the hot rod ranks with its new C32 AMG supersedan. Powered by a new 349-horsepower, 3.2-liter supercharged and intercooled V-6 Kompressor engine, the new C32 develops nearly 300 lb-ft of torque and moves 0-60 mph in just 5 seconds. SpeedShift five-speed automatic transmission and racing brakes and suspension round out the sporty package."<p>- Looks like it's almost spot on the M3 performance. I own a 97M3 so I feel qualified to say this...I'd challenge 98% of those with a new M3 to beat a C32 off the stoplight. Wont happen. I beat a Cobra Mustang this week and I have an auto M3. He should have beaten me by 1.3seconds to 60, but was actually a full car length and a half behind. (he lost a lot off the line and shifting to 2nd). Point being: professional drivers and those at the mags can get the reported stats, but normal drivers wont. Sticks are more fun, but do lose a few races. Yes, I ordered a C32 AMG many, many months ago. <br><p>Me too! I can't wait to get it this fall! <br>Have you discussed financing? I am considering a lease for the 1st time!<br><p>-------<br>Not leasing this car, or financing. I plan to keep it 1yr (like all my cars) and dont want finance charges dipping into my break-even. I only hope the handiling of the C32 will be up to snuff. So far they arent saying much about the tweaks to handling, and I doubt seriously if adding sway bars, +1 wheels and a lower stance will make the C32 handle as good as the M3. Good news is the new E46 M3 is not as crisp a handler that the prior model is, and Benz got the base C320 closer than ever to a base 330....cant wait till someone actually tests the car.<p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts