Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 c300 last month....after driving for a month i developed a hip pain owing to the fact that the brake pedal is slightly to the left in this car compared to the older toyota i own. Due to this i have to push my feet towards the left diagonal and this poses a strain in my hip...does anybody else have the same problem...or can somebody suggest a solution as i am not able to continue lke this....i dont think i can trade in this car as it is just 1 month old and i will loose a lot of money....but i am even ready to do that as my pain is getiing very severe....the minute i switch back to my old car the pain slowly goes away.....
is it a good idea to email mercedes benz customer sevice...

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Consider a gym membership and personal trainer.

·
Registered
2006 C280
196 Posts
I'd experiment with seat height, cushion angle, every adjustment. If all else fails, you could start left-foot braking; my wife drives this way, and I occasionally do it in heavy traffic just to change things up a little.

You might be surprised at how different it feels to be just a little closer, farther away, higher, lower, etc. Between the seat and wheel adjustments, there may be something that helps.

I doubt you're going to get much help from MBUSA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only problem is tht 2 of us drive this car and even if i find the right position it is very difficult to come to tht setting without memory seat feature..

·
Registered
08 C230 4M , 99 E320 4M
101 Posts
I bought a 2008 c300 last month....after driving for a month i developed a hip pain owing to the fact that the brake pedal is slightly to the left in this car compared to the older toyota i own. Due to this i have to push my feet towards the left diagonal and this poses a strain in my hip...does anybody else have the same problem...or can somebody suggest a solution as i am not able to continue lke this....i dont think i can trade in this car as it is just 1 month old and i will loose a lot of money....but i am even ready to do that as my pain is getiing very severe....the minute i switch back to my old car the pain slowly goes away.....
is it a good idea to email mercedes benz customer sevice...
what do you think you can achive from mb customer service ?

·
Registered
2008 C300 4Matic
109 Posts
This is a ridiculous post. I would consult your doctor, not MB.
I agree. It makes no sense. I along with every person I know has never developed hip pain from a car's pedals being placed awkwardly. I think our pedals on our W204 are actually in the most ideal location.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I agree. It makes no sense. I along with every person I know has never developed hip pain from a car's pedals being placed awkwardly. I think our pedals on our W204 are actually in the most ideal location.
Yep, the car isn't the problem.:)

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
LMFAO, I work out. Yep we've heard that tune.

Too much sitting is cause of this kind of pain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts