Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there's an "engineering mode" for the COMMAND system in the new 2008 C300 ,and if so how to access it?
I've seen several manuals that detail a procedure to access it but they all are for older (and I think European) cars. This would be nice to have if it exists, rather than spending $$$$ to install some sort of VIM bypass.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Have you been reading the posts where owners ask the COMAND SW disc when they have screwed up the unit from engineering mode? It may easily turn out more expensive than a VIM module.

Anyway, you can guess all those who have bought a module, have concluded that there is no engineering mode that allows VIM for new cars. Not even possible with the dealer diagnostics tools any more.

·
Registered
362 Posts
204s and DVD in motion. Here is some info I got from my brother (MBenzNL):

TV tuner is something that is NOT being offered for the 204 C-classes. However, if the car is equipped with comand APS, it either has a DVD player or a DVD changer.

It is possible to enable DVD while in motion with an aftermarket device. The device can be activated by pushing a (existing) button on the steering wheel for a few seconds. However, it is EITHER navigation OR DVD playback. One can NOT have both (as in 'only one will function at a time').

Please note that we ourselves have not yet been able to test the aftermarket device in combination with the 204 comand APS head unit. So we don't have 'first hand' info.

greetingz,

BigSis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I figure there probably isn't an easy way, but thought I'd ask.

Slightly off topic, but do you have any suggestions on getting the COMMAND to recognize the track names on my store-purchased audio cds? It doesn't seem to recognize many (1 of 7 so far, that seems a bit odd to me), thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts