Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2000 c280, and am somewhat considering adding a bit more kick to it.

Does anyone have experience adding a new intake to one of these? or an all out supercharger?

·
Registered
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
232 Posts
Considering the value of the car, I don't think it's worth the $7k+. If you need that much more power, sell the car and buy something with more HP out of the gate. If you keep it, chip it, run premium and install a better flowing exhaust system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm...didn't realize it was that expensive. Bummer.

I'm relatively new to all of this - do you have a link to more information on the chip replacement? the exhaust replacement?

So would you also recommend against doing the intake upgrade (without supercharging)?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Boschk - 5/21/2005 2:27 AM

I believe that Powerchip is a sponsor of benzworld, so click on the "marketplace" link above. Or, here's a direct link: http://mbnz.org/marketplace/advertisers.asp I'd start there. Talk to the guys at Powerchip about exhaust and intake mods. I'm sure that can tell you how they will work in combination with there chips.

·
Registered
1996 C280
121 Posts
I put in a turbo and I bought everything used, did all the work myself, and self re-programmed the computers, it cost be $20 for the turbo and I used Home Depot stuff totaling to $55.

·
Registered
1996 C280
121 Posts
I can burn any corvette in production right now, the new Z06 will kill me, but I got a couple months till that happens. I'm putting out 360hp to the rear wheels. I got to get a contoller package for it though because in the rain it will just spin the tires if I let off the brake, but tires are cheap and it was well worth it.

·
Registered
1999 C280 Sport
34 Posts
i need to know anything and everything anyone can tell me about where, how, and and how much it will take me to turbo my 99 c280 thanks....

·
Registered
232 Posts
TheMadMidget - 6/6/2005 8:17 AM

I can burn any corvette in production right now, the new Z06 will kill me, but I got a couple months till that happens. I'm putting out 360hp to the rear wheels. I got to get a contoller package for it though because in the rain it will just spin the tires if I let off the brake, but tires are cheap and it was well worth it.
Post your dyno results, as I'm going to call BS on your 360hp at the rear wheels with an installation of a turbo. Or, you've done a whole host of other mods that you've not listed. Regardless, adding 150+ hp is not easy to do with a C280, so please add some details to your claim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts