Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96' C280 Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions:

I have a 96 C280 Sport. It's leaking anti-freeze as if I drilled a hole is something, however, a mechanic has said it's the water pump (radiator etc is all new due to being hit). The body shop that worked on my wreckage said it wasn't radiator related. Would a bad cool pump cause power, "missing" issues. If I "floor" it from a dead stop, the car will miss and cut up really bad until I turn it off and back on. Maybe I need new spark plugs?

Please e-mail me at [email protected] ... Thanks (I'm new to the site)

Best,
Travis

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,709 Posts
Bad (leaky) pump would not cost engine missing, but the coolant wetting high voltage wires and spark plugs can.
Welcome to the forum. You might repost the question in your car model section for more precise response.

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,747 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions:

I have a 96 C280 Sport. It's leaking anti-freeze as if I drilled a hole is something, however, a mechanic has said it's the water pump (radiator etc is all new due to being hit). The body shop that worked on my wreckage said it wasn't radiator related. Would a bad cool pump cause power, "missing" issues. If I "floor" it from a dead stop, the car will miss and cut up really bad until I turn it off and back on. Maybe I need new spark plugs?

Please e-mail me at [email protected] ... Thanks (I'm new to the site)

Best,
Travis
I was going to launch into a lecture about how cars can sometimes have more than one thing wrong with them (like, maybe, two separate things wrong with them), but then I saw that you go (went) to UK, so I stopped myself. Everyone knows Wildcats can't count to two.

·
Registered
96' C280 Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to launch into a lecture about how cars can sometimes have more than one thing wrong with them (like, maybe, two separate things wrong with them), but then I saw that you go (went) to UK, so I stopped myself. Everyone knows Wildcats can't count to two.
Is this sarcasm, but this isn't friendly. And I'm dissappointed.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,709 Posts
Don't be. Fly is well known for that. That comes with incidents like the one that happened to his airplane. The right margin of the picture in his signature

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,747 Posts
Is this sarcasm, but this isn't friendly. And I'm dissappointed.
As am I. Apparently, Wildcats can't spell either. Or punctuate. I'll forgive your obvious lack of any kind of sense of humor, because there is nothing funny about Lexington.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts