Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just bought my c270 cdi 2003 and my god is it quick!

I have a few gripes that I hope you guys can clear out.

1)When I accelerate from standstill or even want to pick up a little speed I can see black smoke coming out of the exhaust. I know this is the norm with diesels but even when wanting to go from 20-40 under light acceleration I can still see a little black smoke. The car does need a service so I hope its that and ties in with my next problem

2) when the car idles the rev meter jumps a little every 2 seconds from 1000rpm to 1200 rpm.

3) Is there a CD changer in the glove box? I have something that looks like a changer there are slots for 6 cds but cannot get it to play

Thanks ppl!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
If it's available locally, add some biodiesel to bring it up to the most Mercedes allows (B5 or B3, can't remember but if you call Mercedes they will know). That will clean out your injectors. Problems with black smoke can also be MAF problems, so you might want to have that checked. You should not get any black smoke on a CDI. For the changer, does it say NO MAGAZIN when you switch to the changer, or some other problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
zeet
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing