Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There
when im driving the merc around town it's fine, but when i am going on a straight and press the acceleration it lags the pick up, eg, the rev's go upto 2000-2500 then back down giving me very slow acceleration.
Someone pls help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lagging Problem

Thanks for your advice,

I will get it checked out at Merc dealers then.

A friend said that it might be turbo lag, and told me to take it for a good run which I did.

On the motorway I took it upto 110 mph, and it was feeling fine, however when I came off the motorway and went back to 40 mph, It then started lagging again and not picking up acceleration. There's no malfunctions either??

Thanks
Raaj

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
raaj2u said:
Thanks for your advice,

I will get it checked out at Merc dealers then.

A friend said that it might be turbo lag, and told me to take it for a good run which I did.

On the motorway I took it upto 110 mph, and it was feeling fine, however when I came off the motorway and went back to 40 mph, It then started lagging again and not picking up acceleration. There's no malfunctions either??

Thanks
Raaj
Perhaps you could describe the car's behaviour in more detail, previously you mentioned it first revs to some 2500 "and then down", if I understand that correctly, it definitely is no turbo lag.

The pre-facelift 220 CDI was quite bad with turbo lag but I thought 270 should be better. Still turbo lag would appear first when you start to accelerate, after a delay you would observe a "wrooom", it should not "go down".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In detail
When you start driving the car , I have noticed that if you don't go at high speeds and hence high revs within the first 5 to 10 minutes of driving, then after a short while the car tends to not take off when the acceration is pressed. The best description of what it feels like is as if the engine has been flooded.

However, when i took it on the motorway and gave it a good throttle, once I slowed down the problem re-appeared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
raaj2u
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing