Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all of the differences between the two models, just wondering, If you have an 02 C240 and a 02 C320 same miles, is the C320 really worth 3-4K more. I havent driven a C320, I have driven a C240 and the 230Komp, I felt the power of the 240 was descent but Ive had people tell me the 320 is a much nicer car? Is it worth the difference? Which of the two would be the best car for the long run, I plan to put a ton of miles on the one I buy. thanks Zach

·
Registered
02C-coupe
46 Posts
i've drivin 05s 320 and 240

u'll really feel the difference in power between the two.
320 got a little more standard options

if they both have the same options and everything, just go for 240. use the xtra money to make it better.

·
Registered
05 c230 sport sedan
106 Posts
320 is worth the extra money. The question is, is it worth that much more than a 230?

·
Registered
22 Posts
mixmstrk - 3/26/2005 2:50 AM

320 is worth the extra money. The question is, is it worth that much more than a 230?
I think that's a really good question. After all, if the 240's got enough power then why not a 230 that'll give much better gas mileage to boot? If the summer wheels / tires won't pose a problem during winter and if the aluminum trim's OK...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mercedes intentionally put smaller engines in C cars to keep costs down and to sell more cars.
However, torque is what moves a car and a car with a bigger engine (more torque) is way more fun/interesting to drive compared to the same car with a smaller engine.
Mercedes has always been a special car for people willing to pay more for what's behind the silver star name. With this said, I think buying a C-car or any Mercedes for that matter with a small engine is a huge mistake, plus it sends a message that the buyer could not afford a real Mercedes.

Get the 320 you will never reget the extra cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts