Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I wanted to factory order a C240 without C2 moonroof option package. The sales rep will do it, but says it will be worth many thousands less at resale time without a moonroof, as people who shop for Mercedes used cars insist on a moonroof. I really don't want to pay for this unless it's totally foolish not to. Any advice?<br>
<br>
Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not regarding resale values, but ...<br> <br> ... with a good A/C you don't need a moonroof,<br> <br> ... a moonroof of a sedan doesn't give you the 'open' feeling of a targa or convertible anyway.<br> <br> Therefore I bought mine without it - and it wasn't even for the money, but ...<br> <br> ... it lowers the ceiling of your car by almost 2 inches,<br> <br> ... I had one on all my previous sedans and almost never opened it because of the wind noise,<br> <br> ... I have a little 'toy' car for the days I really want to drive open.<br> <br> As for the resale value: I agree that a moonroof is one of the obvious extras everyone thinks he must have ... and you tend to get more money for it than for other extras that are more an issue of 'personal taste'.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: C240 Resale value with/without moonroof?

Thanks. I'm still trying to grasp how a $1,400 option can be worth several thousand at resale time. I've checked Kelly Blue Book several different ways, but they seem to use a depreciation formula for moonroofs, which appears to be that they are good for about 80% of list at resale time. Their prices don't seem to be based on actual used car sales prices. But the sales rep says you can't even sell it without the moonroof. Any other advice out there? thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True...

It's hard to sell a MB without a moonroof (and automatic transmission). MB owners expect these options. My MB sales friend says that he thinks that C240 5-speed owners with minimal options will get hit hard down the road.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C240 Fuel Pump Leaks

Has anyone else had a gasoline smell so bad in their new 2001 C240, apparently this is a big problem, a big coverup..let me know, together we can do something<p>user-38lcnou.dialup.mindspring.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts