Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190E, E430, ML500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my ML500 at the dealership for service. They gave me a 2002 C240 as a loaner and I'm having the greatest time with it. I was surprised by its rapid acceleration, quick and sharp handling. I hope they keep my ML for a little bit longer so that I can enjoy this car awhile longer. I would love to drive a C320 in a 6-speed and a C32 for a day. Anyways, congrats to all of you for owning cars in a great class.

·
Registered
MBENZ ML320, AUDI A4 SPORT, MBENZ C230K SS (current)
1,729 Posts
They don't even give me a Mercedes or anything like that they get me a damn TOYOTA corol...

They don't even give me a Mercedes or anything like that they get me a damn TOYOTA corolla.. Man how do you get a benz rental car?? do you have to booked it early or what?

·
Registered
190E, E430, ML500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: They don't even give me a Mercedes or anything like that they get me a damn TOYOTA corol

They don't even give me a Mercedes or anything like that they get me a damn TOYOTA corolla.. Man how do you get a benz rental car?? do you have to booked it early or what?
I just showed up at the Benz dealership for service. They asked me if I needed a loaner car, I said "yes" and a few minutes later an Enterprise Rent-A-Car representative picks me up and takes me to their store and sets me up with a Mercedes that they only reserve for Benz service customers. And the best part is that the dealership pays for the rental. I was pretty surprised, I thought that they were going to give me a Neon.

·
Registered
C240 W203 Avantgarde
47 Posts
They gave me a 2002 C240 as a loaner and I'm having the greatest time with it. I was surprised by its rapid acceleration, quick and sharp handling.
Hi:

Are you sure this is a 240 (and not a 320)?

The 240 is a very nice car with a super-smooth engine, but rapid acceleration is not among its recognised virtues. The engine is particularly weak at low revs.

The only thing about it that suggests power is the petrol bill. [;)]

·
Registered
190E, E430, ML500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: C240 Rental Car

They gave me a 2002 C240 as a loaner and I'm having the greatest time with it. I was surprised by its rapid acceleration, quick and sharp handling.
Hi:

Are you sure this is a 240 (and not a 320)?

The 240 is a very nice car with a super-smooth engine, but rapid acceleration is not among its recognised virtues. The engine is particularly weak at low revs.

The only thing about it that suggests power is the petrol bill. [;)]
I'm positive it was a 240. True, it wasn't the quickest at low revs, but once it got to around 2.5-3.0 it started picking-up the pace. I was just surprised by the car because I initially expected so much less. I still think it's a great car.

·
Registered
C240 W203 Avantgarde
47 Posts
Re: Re: Re: C240 Rental Car

I'm positive it was a 240. True, it wasn't the quickest at low revs, but once it got to around 2.5-3.0 it started picking-up the pace. I was just surprised by the car because I initially expected so much less. I still think it's a great car.
I guess you're right. We could all be happier if we didn't have unrealistic expectations.

[:eek:)][;)]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts