Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get an aftermarket muffler to get more of a sound, not looking for performance, any recommendations of brand and where to buy? also resonator delete?

·
Registered
2006 c350, 6 Spd
72 Posts
universal fit magnaflow or flowmaster 50/60 series delta flow.

delete the resonator after the muffler if its not enough for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would you be able to tell me the sequence of the exhaust (ex. cat, muffler, resonator.) because honestly it has me quite confused lol

·
Registered
2006 c350, 6 Spd
72 Posts
You circled what I like to call the "primary" resonator. I quote it as there are two resonators upstream of it; location would dictate they be called primary, however their size and function begs me to offer them as the two seconday resonators.

sequence as follows:

2 Catalytic converters
2 Resonators "secondary"
1 Resonator "primary"
1 Muffler

People often dub the 2 small res.'s as "2ndary catalytic converters". This may be an easy way to reference them, however the nomenclature is deceiving. Deceiving to the point where most people actually believe them to be cats. They are now, and always have been resonators. Deletion of the primary res is a good way to get some more grumble; that said, even on a stock muffler. Deletion of the secondary resonators is a more aggressive option for livening up the exhaust, however I would only do so on a stock muffler system. Otherwise, the benefit in louder exterior resonance is negated by the amount of interior resonance and drone that occurs w/ an aftermarket muffler in place at the end.

The stock exhaust system is deceiving... there is a LOT of noise to be had once let loose...

I should know, I have not only a flowmaster delta 50 and primary res delete but also aftermarket headers and no catalytic converters. I'm in the market for a high-flowing solution for too much interior resonance. The flowmaster 50 is superior to the magnaflow IMO, it would be MUCH louder w/ a MF, without any gain out of such. However, the headers have overtaken it. While it is an excellent tuned, race-inspired, euro-muscle-DOHC v6 exhaust note... I still drive it 50-60 miles everyday.

·
Registered
2006 c350, 6 Spd
72 Posts
In conclusion, do yourself a favor. Do one exhaust component alteration at a time. Drive on it for at least a month, and proceed if your heart desires.

My advice, keep stock muffler. Delete primary res. Drive. If not satisfied, either go w/ FM or MF muffler OR remove secondary cats.

·
Registered
2001 c240
1 Posts
Hey im looking to get a flowmaster 50 series delta flow for my 01 c240 and keep everything else stock. I just wanted to know if anyone has the product number that they used. I know the car has a 2.5" offset inlet but the outlet looks like a dual to me (2.5"). I called flowmaster and the dude told me for the sound that I am looking for (a very moderate increase in exterior sound without much increase in interior sound; hoping for something similar to a G35 or M3 sound) that i should go with product number 9425512.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as i have been searching the forums for months and still don't know what to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Or... you do what I did. And delete cats, primary and secondary resonator, muffler and then do the headers. Now you'll sound like you're SCREAMING down the road

1 - 11 of 11 Posts