Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi!<br> <br> i can only unlock/lock my car when i point my key directly to the infrared window on d drivers door handle. otherwise, the keyless entry does not work. the battery indicator lights on both of my keys seem to blink just fine. any help???? i have no mb dealer in my area. thanks! <br> <br> seems only the IR works, the radio frequency does not.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a similar problem and I had the dealer replace both keys under warrenty. Now the key works perfectly. Find away to visit a dealer and get this replaced. Its a known defect

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Ronnie!<br> <br> btw, when did that kind of problem occur to your car? my car has been like this since it was brandnew, just got it 3 weeks ago. <br> <br> well to verify things....1) locking/unlocking is faultless when i point the key to the IR window on the driver's door handle. 2) starting the engine is also not a problem. The only problem is that i cant open it when im on the front/back/passenger side of the vehicle, it works when im only 2 feet away from the ir window. Could this b the keys??? my car is year 2000 production though.<br> <br> i really need help on this topic, cz im 1000kms away frm an mb dealer, and on a separate island, its a 3 day boat ride. thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, didnt realize you are that far away from the dealer. U see, that could be a problem. Let me explain. My car is a 2002 and I noticed this happining about 2 weeks after I bought the car. 2 feet is waaaaay to little of a distance for you to be able to lock and unlock and aim at the car. I unlock and lock the door way over 2 feet plus i never aim at any doors or windows or anything. U shouldnt have to. Now the reason i said your distance is a problem is because when i had took my car in they ordered new keys and then it took them 3-4 hours to program the keys. U dont just take the new key and go home. They have to have your car for a while. By the way, its true that in general u do have to aim at the door but mine works well without aming anything and yours should be like that too

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my previous benz, an A Class can b opened from a considerable distance, and i dnt hv to aim at the door. actually, our keys have 2 systems, one is the infrared for short range locking/unlocking, the second system is the radio frequency using the car's antenna. I think my radio frequency does not work. I presume that your in north america, well i contacted the local distributor in my country and he said that my car is not affected by the smartkey recall, they r still assessing my problem though.....1000kms away... this is the reason y i use the net.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i dunno if the local distributor is lying, he says my car is not affected by smartkey problem.....they wnt help cz my car is a grey import frm germany.<br> <br> btw ronnie, im frm philippines, but im chinese...heehhe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi BruNo, I am Fil-Chinese in Canada.

If you like to swap info and experiences, email me. Maligayang Pasko (Merry Christmas)!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.I am new to the forum.I have problem with my mercedes c240 2001.The door locking switch is not working,the remote is not working Can you help me Pleaseeeeeee.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
Hi.I am new to the forum.I have problem with my mercedes c240 2001.The door locking switch is not working,the remote is not working Can you help me Pleaseeeeeee.
Welcome to the forum!

Remove & replace the key fob battery, if that doesn't work try using your spare key.

in the future pls do not dig old post like this one.

JOE55

·
Registered
2017 GLC 300 4Matic fully loaded... but for the heated steering wheel. Stupid previous owner! 😠
1,145 Posts
I don't understand. Under almost all the other forums, if you start another post that is the same as two or three others, someone always tells them they should have done a search or that it has already been discussed, and here you are basically telling him he should have started another post. What exactly is wrong with bringing up an old post if you are experiencing similar issues?

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
Points taken original post was related for the key fob; smart keyand not relating to any 'door locking switch' which I assume door locking mechanism.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts