Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,<br> <br> I have installed both a remus exhaust and the K&N air filter replacements on my 2002 c240 manual trans. <br> <br> I don't know what to say about the changes. It sounds really amazing and looks fabulous with the chrome tips....but performance wise I am not sure if ANY gains were made...I did several RPM-SPEED-GEAR tests and *some* improvements on torque mainly (I suppose since I feel a stronger pickup at some spots on the curve). Would like comments-opinions-shared thoughts on this subject....<br> <br> see ya at the montreal F1 grand prix !<br> andre<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You are correct.

I think your perception is 100% correct.<br> <br> Adding 0 hp for a K&N filter and 0 for an aftermarket muffler, gets you, well, 0.<br> <br> Neither the air filter nor the muffler are the bottleneck in the engine/exhaust, so changing them can get you nothing.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you'll get some HP, maybe about 5hp

Most people will say nothing but I bet you get 2hp from the air filter and about 2-3 hp from the exhuast. Unfortunately that gain comes into play near redline. It's mostly for the sound and I hear Remus exhausts sound great. Let me know how the sound is on longer stretches of freeway, does the droning bother you? I love louder exhuasts but my fear is I won't be able to turn the noise off on the highway.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I think you'll get some HP, maybe about 5hp

I have to agree that 0 is probably not the answer. Nor is 20...<br> <br> <br> <br> as for the sound, it is humming a bit louder (hear from inside the car) at higher revs. On the highway, any type of acceleration will produce the droning (but not annoying) effect.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: You are correct.

Search Results: You Searched For: <br> <br> Year=2002 <br> Make=mercedes <br> Model=c320 <br> 1 Matches Found (displaying 1 to 1)<br> Model Engine Product Part No Comments <br> C320 3.2L V6 F/I K&N Air Filter 33-2181 All <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Prove your comment.<br> I can not agree with your comment without any evidence.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

this is just a comment, not a fact. I cannot prove it without dyno testing. its just a feeling I have driving the car. <br> <br> plus, resetting the ECU did make a difference.<br> more to come<br> <br> andre <the non scientist>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts