Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered a 2002 MB c240 without the factory installed cd changer. I have contacted Becker and they said that one of their mail order dealers can send me a changer for $425 plus shipping. My question is, is this an easy, plug in and install changer in the glovebox or is there more to it? Any help????<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Bill<p>24-216-218-130.hsacorp.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Bill,<br> <br> Dealer said that they have to program it.<br> I think, it might be plug and play but the question is that you have to plug in wire to the head unit or not.<br> <br> By the way,I have 2002 CLK and bought OEM CD changer. <br> Why do you want a buy Becker changer?<br> Mercedes OEM CD changer is about $550 too.<br> <p>11Cust87.tnt3.lax7.da.uu.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all, go to www.autoclass.net and you can order original MB CD-changer for $399 + shipping.<br> Second, I don't think Becker will work at all, I am in the process of doing the same thing for my C230 2002 and researched this subject quite a bit.<br> Third, installation is not difficult (I've heard), but your dealer needs to program it after installation (I've heard for $99)or it will quit playing afterwhile.<p>deptvass-cp.va.gov

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi John,<br> I am in the process of doing the istalling CD Changer to my CLK too.<br> Do you really think that it is true?<br> I mean, the dealer have to program thing.<br> If that is true, we can not take it to the any stereo shop.. I don't think any stereo shop can't program or activate it.<br> I call dealer today and they said that it cost $150 to intall.<br> I am still thinking wether or not I should take it to the stero shop, dealer or do it myselt.<br> It's a new 2002 CLK so... I don't want to fxxk it up.<br> Please let me know what you did.<br> Thanks <br> Kenneth<br> <p>178-137-31-216.pajo.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure what does this programming mean. Just today somebody told me that it is just simple rerranging wires and plugs in the back of the head unit. Dealer was not involved and changer still plays well. They sent me instructions, however I don't know if it's the same for CLK and C230 coupe.<br> I still didn't do mine, so I can't share any experiences.<br> Let me know if you want instructions, I can e-mail them to you<p>deptvass-cp.va.gov

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure what does this programming mean. Just today somebody told me that it is just simple rerranging wires and plugs in the back of the head unit. Dealer was not involved and changer still plays well. They sent me instructions, however I don't know if it's the same for CLK and C230 coupe.<br> I still didn't do mine, so I can't share any experiences.<br> Let me know if you want instructions, I can e-mail them to you<p>deptvass-cp.va.gov

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've checked that out, and it looks like a good deal (autoclass.net). I don't know why this whole thing is so complicated. When I bought my VW passat, I was able to get a changer no problem aftermarket and just plugged it in... I don't know why MB has to make this so tough. I guess it is so they can get around $800 for the option if you order it from them with the car.<p>24-216-218-130.hsacorp.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No programming is needed after DYS installation.

In some cases sorting out the fiber optic cables is a little dificult, this is where the MB dealer comes in. <p>pool-138-89-109-103.mad.east.verizon.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you please email the instructions to me? I could use them to decide purchase and self-install. Thanks.<p>bkdsl-74-58.naxs.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: No programming is needed after DYS installation.

From what MB tells me, you 'should' program all devices that you add to the CAN bus, but if you don't it will detect them automatically anyway. <br> <br> From that perspective, it might speed up the 'boot process' of the system if you have an MB dealer configure it properly.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just bought a 2002 C230 coupe and would like instructions for installing a cd changer. Can I also have a copy? The glove box is what I was told is the proper location.<br> <br> thanks...<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: instructions for cd changer installation!

i see that this forum is pretty outdated but if anyone sees this, could you be so kind as to email the instructions for installation that you all were talking about. thanks.<br> <br> [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know this message is kinda outdated<br> if anyone sees it and have the instruction,<br> can i have a copy also?<br>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts