Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 W202 230 COMPRESSOR SPORT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
My 99'c230k Four Door Sedan Has Developed A Fault With The Supercharger Clutch Not Engaging.
No Alarms Shown And It Will Kick In Intermittantly While Driving.
Has Anybody Had This Problem Before,if So, What Could Be The Possible Area To Look For A Fault.
Any Feedback To Sort This Problem Is Welcome.
Regards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
TRy AMF. It should give a check engine alarm when it fails, but yours may be intermittent.
In addition the car learns your driving style, so if you normally don't floor the accelerator and suddenly decide to do it , then it may not engage the supercharger right away.
You may also have a problem with the kickdown switch. Or it may be as simple as someone changing the drive switch to winter mode, where it will never kick in the supercharger for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Is the s/c on your model only supposed to kick in at about 2000-2300rpm? (and when cold) - similar to SLKs?

Did not know that the winter mode killed the S/C

·
Registered
1999 W202 230 COMPRESSOR SPORT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
99 230k S/c Problem

Hi Guys,
Thanks For The Input.
Found The Problem, On Closer Investigation After Removing The Pulley Plastic Cover.
The Plug Connecting To The S/c Clutch Was Dirty And Corroded.
After Cleaning And Applying Some Servisol Spray She Is Back To Her Old Self. And Yes,s/c Kicks In Around 2000rpm.
Just Want To Say That This Is An Enjoyable Forum And I Have Learnt A Lot About My Car Perusing The Postings.
Also Found The R170 Slk Forum Excellent With Worthwhile Postings By Forum Members.
Happy Benz Motoring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts