Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C230K
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get the Kleemann pulley kit for my C230K. I have been told that it does not affect my warranty. Does anyone know if this is true and if you have had any problems with your warranty? And does it make as huge a performance difference as I think it will?

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Re:

It can effect your new car warranty but they would have to prove that the pulley caused the damage. If the pulley wasn't on there when you brought it in, it would be harder to prove. In over a year that I've studied these pulley kits I've only heard of two failures and they were both related to the S/C and not the engine. One had a S/C seal leak and the other created a click-clack noise but no effect in performance.

Assuming you got the alloy pulley, you will notice a huge improvement. Gives the car wings. My torque went up by 35 and horsepower by 29 when I put the ASP alloy pulley on and the Kleemann should be as least as good. Please make sure to have the the a/f ratio checked on a dyno under load before and after to make sure you are OK. I had to have ECU settings changed for fuel and timing to make it right but even then I won't really know if it worked until a Monday night dyno session. Ideally you want to not go over 13:1, I was pushing 15 in spots. Also what helped performance was an ITG airfilter, at $51 it's a small investment for a few extra ponies.

Good luck. Display your dyno results when you get it done.

·
Registered
2002 C230K
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:

Thanks, I didn't think I would have a problem. It isn't that much more boost. I know about the ECU settings and I will change that, but I don't know if I will ever put it on a dyno. Do you know if your fuel settings are on stage 2 or 3 or what the difference is or which one is best?

Also, I have seen some of your posts about the ITG air filter. Does it still have to be made to order or does anyone now stock it?

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Re:

I set mine to Stage 3 and 91 Octane but I can't tell you that it made a difference until dyno time on Monday night. I know I'm doing it for my own peace of mind, maybe you should have it checked for yours. I know Brandon means well, but at 6,000' in Denver, the conditions are different than in the Ohio valley. For example, besides the altitude, it's very arid and cool in Colorado, in Ohio it's very humid and hot. Even conditions in California are different as we have the worst fuel in the country and it's arid desert with a temperate climate. All these factors affect your car in a way that generic one size fits all solutions may not be best. If the shop installing your pulley doesn't have a dyno, find one that does. It should only cost about $75 to have it done. Here's a good article on a/f ratio, even though it's for a Saturn it pretty much applies to all modern cars including yours.

http://www.teamscr.com/fuel.htm

And because of the overwhelming response from all the forums they will stock the ITG air filter and they have a batch being made now. Call Josh at EuroHighPerformance.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts