Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another C230 question. I have a chance to get a really nice 1999 C230 Kompressor with 60k miles, one owner at a great price. I know the Kompressor model C230 gets less than the C230. How much less mpg can I expect to lose with the Kompressor model in the city and on the highway? I hate to pass up a great Kompressor model if the mpg is minimal.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
My understanding is that your mileage will only really vary if you kick in the supercharger (by a full kickdown or quickly depressing the accelerator). Of course you will do this when merging, etc., but overall it should be minimal. Sorry I don;t have exact numbers but fueleconomy.gov allows you to check mpg for various cars and years and I believe also has a real world experience notation on each page if people have contributed.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
The kompressor is always used... no matter how quickly you accelerate...

I got these numbers from fueleconomy.gov:

1999 C230K - Combined - 25mpg (I can attest to this number as I hit that every time I fill up, and I seriously drive the car... I am not a light footed driver)
1998 C230 - Combines - 28mpg (I had to use a 1998 since the only 1999 listed was a K)

For the difference in power (and fun) I would definitely not go with a C230.

Get the Kompressor... you will not regret it!!

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
Since you were so adamant about mileage in your other posts, you better stick with a non-kompressor, especially if you do a lot of in-town driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts