Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to improve the stereo system in my C230. The car only has speakers in the doors, and these are fairly pathetic. We did not get the Bose package, but probably should have.<br>
<br>
We asked the local dealer about an upgrade, and the person we spoke to was not knowledgeable beyond basic dealer CD installation.<br>
<br>
I wouldn't mind adding a box with speakers+amp combo in the back compartment. Since there is very little room in the trunk, I would put a quick connection on it so it is removable.<br>
<br>
I started looking into wires in the back and found a few interesting connectors in the rear right opening. There are two coaxial cable<br>
connectors, probably for the optional cell phone, but there is also a rather large connector. It looks like a female parallel printer cable<br>
connector (or the old 25 pin serial cable connectors).<br>
<br>
What is this strange beast, and can I use it to easily wire in rear speakers?<br>
<br>
All I really need is power and a stereo line-out signal as I would rather not have to take apart the dash and run wires.<br>
<br>
I have read that I should buy the wiring guide for the car, but I have also heard that the wiring guide is not helpful for stereo wires.<br>
<br>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the pin out for the SLK's DB25...for what it is worth.<br> <br> PIN DESCRIPTION<br> <br> 1 RX Audio<br> 2 Manual Test<br> 3 Negative Batt<br> 4 Positive Batt<br> 5 Red (N/C ?)<br> 6 TX Audio<br> 7 N/C<br> 8 Ext. Power<br> 9 Antenna Switch<br> 10 Red (N/C ?)<br> 11 Data Out<br> 12 Not Used<br> 13 D2B Fiber Wake-Up<br> 14 MIC Ground<br> 15 MIC Audio<br> 16 Positive Batt<br> 17 Negative Batt<br> 18 Data IN<br> 19 Brown (N/C ?)<br> 20 Brown (N/C ?)<br> 21 Batt Feedback<br> 22 Green (N/C ?)<br> 23 Ground<br> 24 Audio Ground<br> 25 N/C<br>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts